Hyperthyroidism

Related Terms: Hypothyroidism, Tsh Level, Thyroid Problem, Thyroid Function Test, Levothyroxine, Thyroid, Anxiety

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old man. I have suffered from hyperthyroidism for more than 20 years. I have been to many doctors but I have not got any long-term benefits. They gave me Methimazole, Propranolol, and Cyproheptadine for a while. I put on weight for a while but became skinny again. I nee...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report only shows that your thyroid hormones are not controlled. Hyperthyroid patients should control their thyroid. You have to know the appropriate dose of Methimazole 1 ...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my 15 year old daughter. Her symptoms have developed most significantly over the past few months, and include depression, weakness, constant light-headedness, shortness of breath (even when sitting still), difficulty taking a deep breath (ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Minal Mohit Vohra
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, It is really sad to know about your daughter. 1. As a matter of fact your daughter seems to have acute thyroiditis. Though the thyroid profile has not shown full blown thyrotoxic state, she has subclinical hyperthyroidism with TSH being suppressed. Since how long has she been like this? Thyroidi...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My father had hyperthyroidism six years ago and he underwent radioiodine ablation and now taking thyroxine 100 mg tablet. Now, I want to know whether this treatment causes cancer? Whether it completely destroys the gland or little bit of hormone is secreted or not? Is there any possib...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your father. Let me answer each one of your questions one by one. Now, I want to know whether this treatment causes cancer? No. Whether it completely destroys the gland or little bit of hormone is secreted or not? Yes, it compl...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old female. Seven years ago, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I took medicines and my thyroid hormones got normal. After that, I stopped taking medicines. Everything was fine for two to three years. But after some time, I came across symptoms like weight loss, anxi...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. I would suggest that you have a wait and watch approach. I would recommend that you just keep checking your thyroid function test results every six weeks ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old unmarried female. I have a colloid nodule, hyperthyroidism, and uterine fibroids. My thyroid test report shows T3 to be 2.79 ng/mL and T4 is 13.14 ug/dL. I have attached reports for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Swati Totla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to Ayurveda, it is totally excess growth in the body which is kapha and vriddhi. You start following the medicines. It will take definitely very long time. I am giving you one month ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, who weighs 71 kg and I am 6.3 feet tall. My TSH was 0.35, and six months later it is 0.73. T3 is 4.9 and T4 is 14.4, which is steady and normal. As I understand it, with low TSH and normal T3 and T4, I am subclinical hyperthyroid, right? My symptoms are anxiety, sweating, w...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right about that, you have subclinical hyperthyroidism. Your symptoms of anxiety, weight loss, and sweating are because of it. You have not mentioned whether you have any thyroid gland swelling. If so, then it is important to have an ultrasound of the thy...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand ...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock. Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs. The half closed eyel...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research on diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. I have already interviewed couple of psychiatrists and now would like to focus on asking some questions to endocrinologists. My questions are: 1) “In thyroid disorders mainly in hyperthyroidism a paranoid syn...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Yes, paranoid syndrome is frequently seen in association with patients having hyperthyroidism, reason being distractive over activity, anxiety, emotional instability, exaggerated insensitivity to noise, fluctuating depression and other unexplained medical symptoms. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hyperthyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away.