Login      Sign Up

Medical Advice on "Hypertrophic Scar"

I have read your concern. It seems you have developed hypertrophic scar or lichen simplex chronicus. Please attach a picture for better evaluation and best possible treatment. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> … View thread »

You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible … View thread »

Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> … View thread »

I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since there are many causes of nodule and complete history with good clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the nodule, I would like to give a differential diagnosis of what could it … View thread »

Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: … View thread »

First of all, let me tell you a few things. CT scan shows soft tissue density based on which we predict the underlying disease correlating clinically. Ideally, the patient is assessed clinically and CT is advised to arrive at a diagnosis or probable diagnosis. On the … View thread »

CT scan with contrast should be able to differentiate between both. If it is still not able to differentiate, then go for an MRI. If MRI is also not conclusive, then go for a percutaneous biopsy. A percutaneous biopsy will definitely differentiate between both. Then … View thread »

Can you please share your CT scan reports here? If you have sinusitis, you will have a recurrent throat infection. Do you have symptoms of allergy like excessive sneezing, watering of eyes or itching of the throat? Do you have excessive acidity or do you smoke or … View thread »

Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis (mucus membrane inflammation due to pressure difference within the sinus) is usually if there is mucosal hypertrophy in the paranasal sinuses. You should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done and send me the pictures. Secondly, next time … View thread »

Your iliolumbar ligament is completely visualized and is free from any pathology in the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your vertebra, intervertebral disc, spinal column, and spinal cord are also grossly normal. However, there is early facet … View thread »


Do you have a question on Hypertrophic Scar? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!
Ask a Doctor Online