Hypertrophic Scar

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Sinusitis, Ct Paranasal Sinus, Kidney Disorders, Laser, Mri Spine, Nasal Polyps

Query: Hello doctor, My thumb got burned two years back, it used to peel off and I used to keep biting and peeling it further. Now it has formed a small bulge of extra skin. Can I get rid of it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It seems you have developed hypertrophic scar or lichen simplex chronicus. Please attach a picture for better evaluation and best possible treatment. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this little bump on my stomach for a few years. I have attached a picture of the bump. I have shaved the area to give you a better picture. The bump is not growing or increasing in size. It has been the same size. What could this be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since there are many causes of nodule and complete history with good clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the nodule, I would like to give a differential diagnosis of what could it...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows: Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past? Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream? ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

Facts About Cardiomyopathy in Adults

Article Overview: Cardiomyopathy refers to disease of the heart's muscles. It can affect anyone in any age group. But, some people are at higher risk. We are going to talk about cardiomyopathy in adults and its types.
Dr. Vasantha K S

'Cardio' means heart and 'myo' refers to muscle. So, the term cardiomyopathy describes a disease of the muscles of the heart. In this condition, there is difficulty of the heart's chambers to pump blood effectively to all the tissues of the body. It can be either genetic or acquired. Types of Cardi ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My nasal CT Scan reports say: Deviation of the nasal septum to the left side with a septal spur on the left side impinging left interior turbinate visualized. Inferior turbinate hypertrophy visualized on both sides. Mild middle turbinate hypertrophy visualized on both sides. Mild bi...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me help you understand your report point by point. Deviated nasal septum means the midline partition dividing your nose into two cavities is not straight. It is deviated to the left side. Inferior turbinate is a small curved bone in the side of the nasal cavity. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got my test results back, but was not able to get any feedback yet. I had periodontal disease and my CT scan showed maxillary and sphenoid sinusitis. Therefore, I went to an ENT specialist for imaging. My findings include mucosal thickening in the right sphenoid sinus, as we...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you a few things. CT scan shows soft tissue density based on which we predict the underlying disease correlating clinically. Ideally, the patient is assessed clinically and CT is advised to arrive at a diagnosis or probable diagnosis. On the othe...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old male. About three weeks ago, I had an abdominal CT due to severe stomach pain. The CT revealed a possible 3 cm mass in my left kidney. I had a follow-up ultrasound that showed 4 cm thing in the central part of the left kidney. They were unsure whether it was a mass o...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT scan with contrast should be able to differentiate between both. If it is still not able to differentiate, then go for an MRI. If MRI is also not conclusive, then go for a percutaneous biopsy. A percutaneous biopsy will definitely differentiate between both. Then yo...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hypertrophic Scar? We have medical experts to help you right away.