Hypertrophic Scar

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Sinusitis, Ct Paranasal Sinus, Intralesional Steroid Injection, Kidney Disorders, Laser, Mri

How to get rid of a small bulge of extra skin on my thumb?
Query: Hello doctor, My thumb got burned two years back, it used to peel off and I used to keep biting and peeling it further. Now it has formed a small bulge of extra skin. Can I get rid of it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It seems you have developed hypertrophic scar or lichen simplex chronicus. Please attach a picture for better evaluation and best possible treatment. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?
Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full »

I have acne scars and pits on my cheeks with uneven skin tone. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have acne scars and acne pits on my cheeks as well as uneven skin tone. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne scar treatment depends on the type of scar. Boxcar scar is superficial one-time, can be improved with microdermabrasion combined with peel, derma roller, ice pick scar- small deep scars, improved with TCA CROSS procedure, rolling scar- needs subcision (minor surgi...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment to remove accident scars on the face?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have had this little bump on my stomach for a few years.What could this be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this little bump on my stomach for a few years. I have attached a picture of the bump. I have shaved the area to give you a better picture. The bump is not growing or increasing in size. It has been the same size. What could this be?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since there are many causes of nodule and complete history with good clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the nodule, I would like to give a differential diagnosis of what could it...  Read Full »

I have a red scar and extra skin at my urethral opening. What has to be done?
Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows: Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past? Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream? ...  Read Full »

Involuntary frowning is delaying the healing of my scar revision surgery. Should I get Botox?
Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

Facts About Cardiomyopathy in Adults
Article Overview: Cardiomyopathy refers to disease of the heart's muscles. It can affect anyone in any age group. But, some people are at higher risk. We are going to talk about cardiomyopathy in adults and its types.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

'Cardio' means heart and 'myo' refers to muscle. So, the term cardiomyopathy describes a disease of the muscles of the heart. In this condition, there is difficulty of the heart's chambers to pump blood effectively to all the tissues of the body. It can be either genetic or acquired. Types of Cardi ...  Read Article »

Kindly explain nasal CT scan taken for rebound congestion in nostril.
Query: Hi doctor, My nasal CT Scan reports say: Deviation of the nasal septum to the left side with a septal spur on the left side impinging left interior turbinate visualized. Inferior turbinate hypertrophy visualized on both sides. Mild middle turbinate hypertrophy visualized on both sides. Mild bi...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me help you understand your report point by point. Deviated nasal septum means the midline partition dividing your nose into two cavities is not straight. It is deviated to the left side. Inferior turbinate is a small curved bone in the side of the nasal cavity. ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hypertrophic Scar? We have medical experts to help you right away.