Hypoglycemia

Related Terms: Diabetes, Diabetes Management, Diabetes Mellitus, Hba1c, Metformin, Insulin, Uncontrolled Diabetes Treatment

How to Fight Hypoglycemia?
Article Overview: Hypoglycemia or low sugar is common in diabetic patients. It is very important for us to know how to encounter it when it happens. What is needed to be done in case of emergency is discussed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

Hypoglycemia occurs when plasma glucose is lower than 70 mg/dl. There are three stages of hypoglycemia: Mild hypoglycemia -  Symptoms like tingling sensation, dizziness, hunger, weakness, etc Severe hypoglycemia - Loss of consciousness Moderate hypoglycemia - Palpitation, tremors, confusio ...  Read Article »

Why do I get hypoglycemia during exercise, brain fog, and fatigue?
Query: Hello doctor,I get hypoglycemia during exercise, fasting or not, brain fog, fatigue. This has been happening daily for a month. Prior I had been exercising an hour a day five days a week, no issue. Currently still aiming for five but symptoms will start out on my bike or on the treadmill.I had a gas...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypoglycemic symptoms. First of all I would suggest that instead of doing finger prick testing of blood sugar it is preferable to do laboratory test for blood sugar. Secondly, there is...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep V Nair
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is getting hypoglycemic attacks during early morning hours. Hypoglycemic attacks are episodes of low blood sugar values occurring in blood. Due to this she is having excessive sweating and weakness. Taking a sweet item is the correct treatment for such an atta...  Read Full »

My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?
Query: Hi doctor, My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He t...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has he had diabetes? When you say hypo, what were his sugars? What is the dose of insulin that he is taking? Revert with the details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

What should I do if my mom's diabetes medicine causes hypoglycemia?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Her first blood sugar test report was at 437. Now, after three months, the fasting level is 86. Last month fasting was 105 and post-prandial was 120. She is taking half a tablet of Glimepiride 2 mg and Metformin 1000 mg both twice a day...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your mother and it seems that she has a very good diabetes control. However, if you reduce her dose, then her blood sugar level will go up and ruin her diabetes control. If you ever find that she has symptoms of hypoglycemia like sweating, ...  Read Full »

Am I type 1 or type 2 diabetic? How can I treat my hypoglycemia too?
Query: Hello doctor, My doctor whom I had been visiting discontinued her practice. I found a new doctor with whom I am having problems. The doctor diagnosed me with diabetes 24 years ago when I was 39. I was tried on a couple of different types and dosages of pills, but I cannot remember the names an...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you indeed have type 1 diabetes. Regarding your hypoglycemia, I would suggest that you decrease the dose of NovoLog (insulin aspart injection) by two units in the morning and night. Your k...  Read Full »

Insulin Timing
Article Overview: Many patients suffer from hypoglycemia with insulin treatment. In most cases, it is due to the lack of knowledge of insulin action.  Read Article »
Dr. Basheer Ahamed
Diabetologist

Insulin Preparation Generic Name Onset Peak Rapid-acting Insulin Aspart 5-10 minutes 1-3 hrs   Insulin Lispro < 15 minutes ½-1½ hrs   Insulin Glulisine < 15 minutes ½-1½ hrs ...  Read Article »

Getting a weird lightheadedness and pain behind my eyes. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, From time to time, I get a weird lightheaded sensation. I feel such weird sensation while reading, looking at my cell phone, watching television or driving at night. For a moment, I feel as though I may pass out. But, I do not pass out and it goes away quickly. Sometimes, it happens a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most likely reasons for such episodes are likely to be hypoglycemia or hypotension. Both can manifest with similar presentations with mild dizziness followed by headaches. It is necessary that you should get your blood sugar levels and your blood pressure levels du...  Read Full »

I have a constant headache from 10 days. Could it be due to a brain tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and obese at 113 kg. The problem that I am describing below I have been experiencing for the past 10 days or so. I have a more or less constant headache. It is typically on the right part of the forehead, around the hairline and occurr...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A headache can be due to many causes. Few common causes are: Migraine. Hypoglycemia. Hypertension. Raised intracranial tension. Sinusitis. Stress. Dehydration. In your case, it seems to be either due to the aggravation of sinusitis due to a recent weath...  Read Full »

Is Hb level of 22 normal in newborn?
Query: Hi doctor,This is regarding my friend's daughter. The baby is 7 days old. Initially, we were reported that the baby had jaundice. She was on phototherapy for two days and was declared normal. Now, her hemoglobin level is 22. Her father's Hb level is 17. Is hemoglobin level 22 normal in newborn? We a...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, hemoglobin of 22 is definitely on the higher side. It can cause complications like hypoglycemia and sluggish blood flow to vital organs. A partial exchange transfusion is required in which a small amount of blood will be withdrawn from the baby and will be replace...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hypoglycemia? We have medical experts to help you right away.