Medical Advice on "Hypothyroidism"

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid disease). From the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have mentioned, the hypothyroidism seems to be well controlled. I … View thread »

Well, your symptoms are not related to thyroid issue. You could be having a viral infection. So, I suggest you to take tablet Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the … View thread »

I just read your query and saw all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The thyroid gland makes thyroid hormones on a regular basis because it is necessary daily for metabolism and for other body functions. That is why when it is prescribed … View thread »

Hypothyroidism is not totally curable.  You may have to take medicines for your lifetime.  If you have not yet started medicines, I advise you start taking tablet Thyronorm 75mcg daily morning in empty stomach.  … View thread »

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. I would suggest that you have a wait and watch approach. I would recommend that you just keep checking your thyroid function test results every six weeks … View thread »

Your weight gain may be partially due to hypothyroidism.You may start with brisk walking for 20 minutes daily and gradually increase it to 45 minutes daily. Please do not lift heavy weights at this age. This may cause more harm than benefit.Try oats, muesli, brown bread … View thread »

I just read your query. Yes, alcohol does affect people who have hypothyroidism. It affects the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis and causes suppression of the thyroid gland in a normal individual. But in those who already have a hypo-functioning thyroid gland, … View thread »

Cholesterol may increase on its own or the increase may be secondary to hypothyroidism. A secondary raise will settle down after 8-12 weeks of optimal control of thyroid status. Otherwise it will require consideration for medication. Till that time please eat diet low in … View thread »

I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your height, your ideal weight should be 63 kg. You need to reduce at least 25 kg. Your total cholesterol count is high. General suggestions as follows … View thread »

Hypothyroidism means low thyroid hormone and you are taking Thyroxine (Levothyroxine) which is a thyroid hormone. You should take it in the right way that is early morning in empty stomach and do not take anything within two hours after that. Repeat the TSH (thyroid … View thread »

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away.