Hysterectomy

Related Terms: Cervical Cancer, Fibroid Uterus, Heavy Bleeding, Endometrial Biopsy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Uterine Fibroid, Vaginal Infection

Is Laparoscopic hysterectomy test necessary for uterine fibroid?
Query: Hi doctor, My spouse aged 47 years has been advised laparoscopic hysterectomy as a fibroid of 80 x 70 mm is observed in USG of the uterus. She is having irregular periods from the last 9 to 10 months. Her hemoglobin has reduced to 9.5 g/dL. Is this a sufficient and strong ground for a hysterectomy...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is sufficient ground for hysterectomy, and I think you should go ahead. Since she has a symptomatic fibroid, she will need definitive treatment. There are medicines available, but they are not very effective. They may just keep symptoms under control, and ...  Read Full »

Will hysterectomy cure adenomyosis?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife usually has a period for six to seven days. On the first two days, she has pain. At times, she has heavy clots also. The doctor had asked us to do the scanning and some test. The scanning report is attached. 'There is anteverted and bulky uterus which measures 11.7 by 10.3 by...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a bulky uterus which can be due to adenomyosis or possible fibroids in situ, but the absence of fibroids is evident. She is likely to experience painful menses and heavy bleeding due to adenomyosis as we...  Read Full »

Had hysterectomy long back and spotting now. Should I be concerned?
Query: Hi doctor, I am spotting for the past three days. I had complete hysterectomy about 23 years ago and I am not sexually active. Why am I spotting? Should I be concerned? I am currently on Plavix, Aspirin and Lipitor.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is a postmenopausal bleeding and definitely needs a consultation. As you had a total hysterectomy, I presume it could be due to atrophic vaginitis. This can occur when your dry vagina gets torn following any kind of friction. I suggest you to stop sex for a few ...  Read Full »

My mom had hysterectomy for adenocarcinoma. Is radiation therapy compulsory?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother had complex endometrial hyperplasia for which surgery was fixed and last week, hysterectomy along with salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphonodectomy was done. After surgery, the parts were sent for histopathology. It was diagnosed as stage-2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. The...  Read Full »
Dr. Varadarajan Kumar
Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the extent of disease within the myometrium and endocervical extent. For further queries consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

Shall I get hysterectomy for irregular and heavy periods?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an athlete and my period is such a hassle. I just wish I could get rid of it. It is irregular and lasts for seven to eight days. I do not want to go on the pill, because emotionally my hormones have balanced out. I am worried that if I take any form of birth control, then it will mes...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hysterectomy is a kind of an extreme option considering it is permanent. I understand that you may be hassled by your periods, but removing your uterus before you have completed your family or without any pathology is not the way to go.You can take the oral contraceptive ...  Read Full »

Either Mirena or hysterectomy, which is better for irregular periods?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I have tilted bicornuate uterus. My history includes two cesarean sections, PCOS, adenomyosis, dysmenorrhea and amenorrhea. Now, I am suffering from irregular and very painful periods. I am getting heavy clots for three days and bleeding for the next four days. My cycle...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. At your age, instead of hysterectomy, Mirena is a better option. Misoprostol is very effective in opening the uterine cervix and most likely the procedure will be successful. Whereas hysterectomy is concerned, you can go for both ...  Read Full »

Will a partial hysterectomy help me relieve severe period pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. Why does the area, which I believe is my ovaries, hurt when I stretch? The pain would be in both the left and right side. When I sit down for a long time or when I defecate, it hurts a lot in the area. During my periods, why do my legs go numb? Every month aroun...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you have given, it sounds like something is affecting the neuromuscular area on both sides at the pelvic or may I say the deep groin area. If I may further explain, the uterus is 7 cm long muscular structure, which is being held in position, folded o...  Read Full »

Could stress cause post-hysterectomy bleeding?
Query: Hi doctor, Five weeks ago, I had a hysterectomy along with uterus, cervix and fallopian tubes. I am experiencing light pink to red vaginal bleeding after dealing with high stress at work. I just had my second follow up with my doctor. She said that my stitches are intact and everything appears nor...  Read Full »
Dr. Abiodun A

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-hysterectomy bleeding could be as a result of infection or breakdown of the vault following sexual activity. Also, it could be a normal occurrence from the wound site in which stressful activity brings about the pain and bleeding as you are experiencing. My advice is...  Read Full »

Can Hashimoto's thyroiditis increase lymphocytes after hysterectomy?
Query: Hi doctor,I have had a total thyroidectomy (TT) two years ago and on my pathology report of the thyroid, I have had mild thyroiditis, and I always have high lymphocytes. For one period of about a year, they were raising every month. My Tg and Abt within normal range. I did anti-TPO and my result is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Elina Angelova Beleva
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From what I have seen leukocytes are within normal range as well as hemoglobin, platelets were not reported. From the automatic differential, there is indeed a slight lymphocytosis, but the m...  Read Full »

Abdominal vs laparoscopic hysterectomy - which is better?
Query: Hello doctor, Which type of surgery is better for hysterectomy for a 45 year old patient with menorrhagia, open surgery or laparoscopy?  Read Full »
Dr. Madhankumar
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Laparoscopic hysterectomy is better due to: Minimal pain. Minimal blood loss. Minimal infection. Clear visualization of organs. Minimal postoperative hospital stay. Consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online for a detailed discussion --> https://www.i...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hysterectomy? We have medical experts to help you right away.