I Pill

Related Terms: Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Unprotected Sex, Exercises, Diabetes, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, I-pill

I-Pill - When to Take and Its Side Effects

Article Overview: There is an enormous shift in attitude among the youth towards sex. Although they are leading a modern lifestyle, they are often caught up in unfamiliar situations. This article aims to create more awareness regarding the popular 'morning-after' pill and how to use it correctly to avoid an unplanned pregnancy.
Dr. Vasantha K S

Accidents do happen. That is the reason we have emergency contraceptive pills such as I-pill available. However, these are not regular birth control pills. They are meant to be used only in emergency situations. They are never to be used as the primary method of contraception. Also, this tablet is ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner without penetration but I rubbed my penis on her vagina. She had her last periods before 10 days and usually have irregular periods. She had withdrawal bleeding after a week and today it is 38 days after the last period. Two days back she had abdomin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is unlikely to be pregnant, however, get one urine pregnancy test done to be on the safer side. Also, I guess you did not ejaculate inside her. You mentioned about the withdrawal bleeding, so I guess she would have taken I-pill which is highly effective in preven...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had I-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case. Delayed menses, if any, are due to hormonal imbalance caused by I-pill. Just wait and watch for your menses. For more information...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me start by giving few basic facts about the period. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 12th to the 16th day of periods and life of the egg is 24 hours. The life of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is n...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last periods between 20th to 25th of last month. I had unprotected sex on the 28th and 1st. I took an I-pill immediately the next morning after both the times. I had a slight bleeding on the 19th that lasted only a day. I did a pregnancy test on the 26th, which was negative. Until...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The bleeding you noticed could be withdrawal bleeding. You will definitely get your periods. If you have a doubt then repeat your urine pregnancy te...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend who is 30 years old and I ejaculated inside her. The next day she took Unwanted 72 but until now she has not got her periods and not even bleeding. Her period cycle starts after 20 days. She is having cough, cold, body ache, and vomiting. Is she...  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had the i-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case. Delayed menses are due to the hormonal imbalance caused by the i-pill. I suggest you get your home urine pregnanc...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor.  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please describe your problem. Revert with more information to a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I had protected sex on the 15th of the month. I have taken an I-pill on the 17th. There is no withdrawal bleeding yet. I was worried about a pregnancy as there was some pre-ejaculate involved. So, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Now, when can I expect...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. Wait for another week or so, and repeat the test with an early ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with protection and even took an I-pill within 24 hours. But the next day I had bleeding. I do not know if it is the period or the I-pill side effect. Along with that, I have a headache also. I am dealing with PCOS at the same time. What are the chances of getting ...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chance of pregnancy is almost zero. There is no need to worry. Dizziness might be due to stress. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding? If not, then what are the alternative measures?  Read Full »
Dr. Meeta Airen

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, if you want to use it as an emergency contraceptive, then it is safe during breastfeeding. You can take, but the best contraceptive during breastfeeding is copper-T insertion (intrauterine contraceptive device). For further information consult an obstetrician and gy...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on I Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away.