Imiquimod

Related Terms: Genital Warts, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Human Papilloma Virus, Warts, Hpv, Acne, Acne Scar Removal

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for Zoon's balanitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed to have Zoon's balanitis and recommended Imiquimod, Takfa and Hh Derm. Even after 30 days of application, the problem still persists. Should I continue with the same ointment? Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. Zoon's balanitis require long-term treatment. Imiquimod require at least 16 weeks, Takfa (Tacrolimus) should be used for longer duration and Hh Derm (combination of Mometasone, Fusidic acid and Clotrimazole) is to prevent infection. It ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for venereal warts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts are usually acquired by sexual contact. If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear. If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery. If they are confined to...  Read Full »

I am suffering from warts and molluscum. How did I get the infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. Last year, I had a few molluscum contagiosum in my lower abdomen. I took the treatment, and they were gone. After two to three months, I got one skin tag on the skin around my penis. I applied a lotion (Salicylic acid 16.7% and Lactic acid 16.7%), and the skin...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Warts and molluscum are common sexually acquired infections and can occur in healthy individuals. Warts spread by touch and condoms will only protect the covered area. Base of the penis, thighs, lower abdomen are all exposed. So, both warts and molluscum can be tran...  Read Full »

Can porokeratosis recur?
Query: Hi doctor,I was diagnosed to have porokeratosis through a biopsy. I used Imiquimod cream and it was gone. After three years, the area started itching again now. Is it due to the recurrence of the same disease?  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which part of your body was involved? What type of porokeratosis (keratinization disorder) it was? Please send image. Like in case of actinic porokeratosis when exposed to sunlight or radiation, there are chances of recurrence. When associated with an immunosuppressive ...  Read Full »

Please help with the wart-like growth on my foreskin.
Query: Hi doctor, I had wart-like growth on my foreskin. I consulted a doctor, who asked me to get a circumcision done. So I got the circumcision done. The biopsy result showed that they were viral warts (condyloma acuminatum), and the doctor gave me tablet Valtoval for a month. After going through the int...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. You are right in saying that genital warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), and even the biopsy of the excised skin confirmed the same. Although there are some reports that Valtoval (Valacyclovir) has some eff...  Read Full »

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a condom will prevent transmission. No, HPV will not get transmitted by kissing. The lesion on your leg can be due to HPV (human papillomavirus), but its probability is low. Genital warts regress spontaneously within months or years, but, the guideli...  Read Full »

What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and descriptions. These lesions seem to be genital warts (condyloma acuminata). It is a contagious disease, caused by human papilloma virus. Generally, two thirds of individuals who have sexu...  Read Full »

There are recurrent cluster of bumps on the penis every three months. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a cluster of bumps on the penis. This has been going on and off for two years. I have this recurrent cluster of bumps. They appear at the same spot about every three months.   Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be condylomata accuminata. It is a type of viral infection due to human papillomavirus. Do you have any history of unprotected sexual exposure? If yes, go for an STD panel investigation which includes: VDRL (venereal disease research laborat...  Read Full »

Molluscum Contagiosum
Article Overview: This article highlights the common presentation, mode of spread and management of molluscum contagiosum.  Read Article »

Molluscum contagiosum in adults, a sexually transmitted disease (STD), is described as asymptomatic pimples over the genitalia by most of the patients. It is basically caused by Molluscum contagiosum virus, a DNA virus of the poxvirus family. It spreads by close contact commonly with the children, t ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Imiquimod? We have medical experts to help you right away.