Medical Advice on "Importance Of Breastfeeding"

In this article, I have highlighted the importance of breastfeeding, a few breastfeeding tips and advise to breastfeeding mothers. I have also explained the ways to understand if the breast milk is sufficient for … View thread »

Your son is absolutely alright. No worries. Following things are to be taken care. Baby should be exclusively breastfed. Ensure baby is passing urine adequately (five to eight times a day). Loose motions are normal in early days of life as it is a normal … View thread »

I am assuming you are asking for formula milk for a four-month-old baby. May I suggest: The best thing will be to continue breastfeeding until six months of age. For a full term baby, I suggest Nestle NAN1 range - Nan Optipro HA 1 Gold. For a preterm baby Nestle … View thread »

At the age of five and a half months, a baby will sit only with support. Neck holding is attained only by three to six months. So, it is normal. About the feeding, the ideal time to switch to weaning foods is when the baby completes six months. Until then breast milk … View thread »

Yes, biscuits have to be avoided as rightly mentioned. Formula milk can be given, but only when other homemade stuff is not available readily. There is no such thing as addiction to formula milk. You can continue breastfeeding up to two to three years. There is no need to … View thread »

This is a common problem most mothers will face. The success of breastfeeding involves the participation of both mother and baby. Both of you have to learn to feed. I suggest you a few tips for a successful breastfeeding. Let your baby lie in a straight line. Both baby … View thread »

Firstly, after childbirth, there is bleeding in the form of lochia (normal uterus discharge after delivery), which is normal and usually lasts three weeks where the endometrium is shed Also, breastfeeding promotes early involution of the uterus. So, it is … View thread »

I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking … View thread »

Mother's milk should be continued till 2 years of age. So, the breast milk is supposed to be continued. However, along with breast milk homemade food is also supposed to be given for weaning purpose. Please try and find out what he likes at home and provide him that, so … View thread »

You really have a serious problem. Lactation usually depends on sucking reflex. As the baby sucks the nipple it produces a hormone called prolactin in the mother's body which is responsible for milk secretion and this forms a cycle. As you have stopped breastfeeding, your … View thread »

Do you have a question on Importance Of Breastfeeding? We have medical experts to help you right away.