Inactivated Vaccine

Related Terms: Chickenpox, Chickenpox Vaccination, Inactivated Polio Vaccine, Vaccination, Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Shingles, Anomaly Scan

Is there any vaccine for swine flu?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 1 year old. We are going to travel to our native place, and I heard that swine flu is epidemic there. So, I am very much scared about it. Kindly suggest some vaccination or a doctor who can provide a solution. How can we save our baby from this kind of disease?  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can vaccinate the baby with the Vaxigrip (inactivated influenza) vaccine for swine flu, two weeks before the travel. Prevent the child from coming into contact with many people at a time. For further queries consult a child health specialist online --> https://icli...  Read Full »

Should I opt for painful or painless vaccination for my daughter?
Query: Hi doctor, My little angel will have her first vaccine after the one given in hospital after birth. My doctor said there are two ways, painful and painless. Which one shall I go with? When I asked the doctor, she asked me to read the latest vaccination guidelines. Is painless good? I heard most peop...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to the latest vaccination guidelines, the whole-cell vaccine is preferred over the purified-cell vaccine. The whole-cell vaccine is painful, but it is now the recommended vaccine. I advise you to go for a whole-cell vaccine for DPT...  Read Full »

Myths and Facts About Vaccination
Article Overview: Every day, researchers discover new vaccines with better efficacy, and on the other hand, some people just choose to spread their wrong beliefs about vaccination. It results in increasing number of VPDs, that is, vaccine preventable diseases, in the world. It is long enough that someone addresses this issue.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Preventive Medicine Physician

Most of the patients that I treat ask this question about vaccination, 'How can an injected pathogen cure a disease?' I am not surprised by this question because I asked the same question to my mom when I was young. As a responsible medical practitioner, I should explain the science behind this to p ...  Read Article »

What kind of problem will arise from an extra drop of OPV?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 20 months old. In polio campaign he was given 3 drops of OPV instead of 2 drops. I am worried about the extra drop given. I could not find any recommendation of WHO or UNICEF for minimum and maximum dose of OPV drop in the internet. Please help me in this matter. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An extra drop of OPV (oral polio vaccine) should not cause him any problem. These are live attenuated vaccine and thus virus does not cause any illness. Case report of them are very rare and usually with faulty vaccine preparation. Also, this was his booster dose. It w...  Read Full »

I missed giving the pulse polio drops. Is it mandatory to get it done?
Query: Hello doctor, I missed the pulse polio drops campaign for my daughter 3 years old. I really wanted to know, is there any difference between these drops and the ones we give through the regular immunization schedule. We spend thousands to get the immunizations done. Considering this, does it become ...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pulse polio dose is an extra dose other than the routine immunization. This dose (pulse polio) is given on specified dates in a calendar year through government agencies.This campaign aims towards eradication of polio. If your daughter mi...  Read Full »

What are the risks of MMR vaccine during pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am in an unplanned pregnancy of 6 weeks. Two to three weeks after conceiving, I unknowingly drank wine when I was highly stressed. I had a fluoride treatment at the dentist and received an MMR booster vaccine. My doctor is concerned about the potential risks. Online sources seem fine or...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MMR vaccine is a real threat in a pregnant state (mumps, measles and rubella). Yes, nobody could say you either continue or terminate the pregnancy. Just go through the details. If you wish to adopt the potential risk, then you can continue. For further information...  Read Full »

Shingles (Herpes Zoster): Symptoms, Vaccine, and Management
Article Overview: This article talks about shingles, a viral infection, how it is caused, its symptoms, and how it can be prevented.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Shingles also called as herpes zoster, is an infection of the nerve caused by varicella-zoster virus, the same virus which causes chickenpox. When the virus first attacks a person, it manifests as chickenpox. After the chickenpox infection has run its course, the virus stays dormant (passive) in the ...  Read Article »

Chickenpox: Causes, Treatment, and Vaccine
Article Overview: This article addresses the causes, symptoms, spread, risk factors, complications, and treatment of chickenpox.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
General Medicine Physician

Chickenpox is a common childhood viral disease, that develops in persons not previously exposed to chickenpox, not vaccinated against chickenpox and in recent contact with persons having chickenpox or shingles. Although it is more common in children from 5 to 12 years of age, it can occur in any age ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Inactivated Vaccine? We have medical experts to help you right away.