Increase Serotonin Level

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Ssri, Stress, Anti Anxiety Drugs, Antidepressants, Escitalopram

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes. There is relation between low serotonin level and depression and anxiety. What is more important is how significant symptoms of these problem you have, how much are you distressed from these and whether they cause interference in your daily life (socio occupational de...  Read Full »

Why do I feel restless, tired, and sleepy all the time?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel my legs are restless and lack energy. I am feeling tired with frequent yawning and sleepiness in daytime. Sometimes, I feel nervous and vertigo while walking. Please suggest a medicine. I had Escitalopram 10 mg bd, but it did not work well. My other medication list is attached for...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you are symptoms of depression which are due to low dopamine levels. Escitalopram increases serotonin levels and there is a dopamine deficit remaining in most patients. My advice would be to add Bupropion (Bupron XL) 150 mg to existing drugs. Y...  Read Full »

What to do for sleep disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My weight is 74 kg and I am having an excellent physical shape. I think I have some sleep issue. I did not get proper sleep for any days and hence, I feel tired and irritable at times. I am very active professionally and leading very engaging life. I am not suffe...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. There are many causes for inability to sleep properly. Many times, it is only psychological. Due to anxiety or stress sometimes person finds it difficult to sleep. Some of the medical conditions can ...  Read Full »

What foods to avoid in serotonin syndrome?
Query: Hello doctor,My 39-year-old son was hospitalized for five days with serotonin syndrome. He was given intravenous and Ativan. He was discharged from the hospital and he will go to his doctor regarding his meds. The problem is he was never told if he needs to stay away from certain foods that might ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is true that diet is very difficult for patients of serotonin syndrome. But, there are many myths as well about the diet. Most of the cheese and cheese products nowadays are low in tyramine level. So, they are not that harmful. To be called yogurt, milk must be...  Read Full »

How can HIT exercise boost your mood?
Query: Hello doctor, How HIT exercise can boost your mood?  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sure a lot of people are aware of the neurotransmitter serotonin which is directly linked to mood changes. A decrease in the amount of serotonin in the body can lead to depression and low mood. When talking about exercise to boost your mood, it is thereby wise to f...  Read Full »

How to overcome the disgust after having an injured bird fly into my kitchen?
Query: Hello doctor, Today in the morning a wounded pigeon entered my kitchen suddenly. It was attacked by other pigeons. It sat down on my mixer. I took a stick to remove it. But, failed to remove it. I am a vegetarian. I cannot tolerate such a thing in my kitchen. Nobody helped me. At last, my maid came ...  Read Full »
Dr. Youness Tanani
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be a bit too sensitive, but I understand the situation. As you are a vegetarian, I think you focused on the fact and you are still remembering the meat in general. A similar feeling happens to people who do not eat pork. Once they think about it, they feel ...  Read Full »

How to make my body produce enough serotonin?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I have been on different antidepressants for 14 years now. I did a 4 week taper off of Lexapro and have been off completely for one and a half weeks now. The physical symptoms of withdrawal are gone. But, I just feel depressed. I am in a constant depressive state. Will ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early onset depression (less than 35 years of age) and that too of 14 years duration is not the ideal condition to taper off antidepressants. Only in typical depression that starts after a known stressor is episodic or lasts only 6 to 9 months when left untreated, is a tr...  Read Full »

Do you think low serotonin can cause fatigue, loss of energy and appetite?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. For the past three weeks, I have been feeling sick. My symptoms are a feeling of general fatigue of my entire body with loss of energy and appetite. Before I got sick, I spent over a week working hard. I just had food once or twice a day, drank little water an...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Having a stressful life coupled with low energy, extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, feeling sick and sleepless nights are indicative of major depressive disorder. The depressive disorder is often characterized by low serotoni...  Read Full »

I have IBS and seems to be related to SIBO. Please advise management.
Query: Hi doctor, I realize I have IBS symptoms and they seem to be related to SIBO. I need your advice on how to treat it effectively. Here are some symptoms and test results. Leaky gut or intestinal permeability with multiple food intolerances. Seems to have hydrogen sulfide based SIBO, severe farting...  Read Full »
Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best is to avoid eating foods that cause trouble. Secondly, for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), it is better to use a combination of Tetracyclines plus Metronidazole for two weeks. Effective probiotic will also help. Take the following medications: 1. Ta...  Read Full »

Can Zoloft and Concerta be stopped in depression patient without side effects?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past three years, I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft and for the past five years, I have been taking 36 mg of Concerta. While taking them, my mood was pretty consistent with only a few times of feeling slightly depressed. But while I took them, I still was overthinking and ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, regarding Zoloft (Sertraline), it is an antidepressant medicine which increases the level of serotonin in the brain which in turn aids in a normal mood. If such a medication is tapered suddenly or stopped suddenly then rebound symptoms of anxiety and depress...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Increase Serotonin Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.