Indigestion

Related Terms: Probiotics, Constipation, Pantoprazole, Acidity, Gastritis, Diarrhea, Domperidone

Can indigestion cause diarrhea?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a bad case of diarrhea since last two days. I had outside food before two days and from that time I am experiencing diarrhea. I am excreting around six times daily. The consistency is not completely watery, but still very loose. The symptoms I am experiencing are as...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During diarrhea, there is an increased loss of water and electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium and bicarbonate) in the liquid stool, also through vomit, sweat, urine and breathing. Dehydration occurs when these losses are not replaced adequately. It is the dehydr...  Read Full »

How to treat indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers and wet cough?
Query: Hello doctor, I have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers, and a wet cough.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. it is generally seen that indigestion causes acidity, gaseous distention, mouth ulcers, and constipation. And indigestion depends on your food habits and lifestyles. If it persists for a long time it causes the above-mentioned issues. Take Liv 52 syrup 10 ml twice a day...  Read Full »

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full »

I am having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to modify your diet and lifestyle consistently and avoid all medicines and foods which can potentially damage the liver. You need to be on a diet high in protein and low in fat or carbohydrates. You should have regular physical activity. Regarding medicines, I ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for indigestion and intestinal worms.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male, who is in good health. I have a long history of indigestion, mostly experienced as a pressure in the throat. About ten years ago, I had a clear endoscopy, and I took Nexium for six months and cut way back on alcohol drinking, which seemed to do the trick. I had...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For dyspepsia and gastritis, I would suggest you take Nexium (Esomeprazole). Initially, take it 40 mg twice daily, however, if it is not relieved, doses can be increased to 80 mg twice a d...  Read Full »

Why do I have indigestion and vomiting since a month?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

I am having indigestion and urge to urinate. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and 5'11" height, and weight is 60 kg. My problem is with stomach and urinary tract. My stomatch does not digest food easily. It took so long and feel fatigue mostly, my eyes hurt. Plus I feel the urge for urine and I have to wait too long for a completely empty balder ...  Read Full »
Dr. Agatha
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. Indigestion is as a result of poor digestion within the digestive system. This starts from the mouth while chewing food up to the stomach, intestines and after the absorption, the waste comes out. So, first chew your food well. Let it be completely soft before swallow...  Read Full »

I have weight loss, nausea, indigestion and pain in lower abdomen. What is the problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I am having symptoms of weight loss, nausea, gas, burping, indigestion, and pain in the lower abdomen. I have lost about 10 kilograms in a year. Recently, I have done a UGI endoscopy. I am attaching my reports. Please advise me.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having H pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection. Take Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily. Take Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily and Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for three months. ...  Read Full »

How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of the system?
Query: Hello doctor, How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of your system? Since stopping I have experienced indigestion. I am wondering how long it will take for the probiotic to be out of my system. Last week I started having some digestive issues. Mainly just pain and pressure in my upper ab...  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think your indigestion is because of Acidophilus. Also, these probiotics do not get into the system. It just stays in the GI tract. They do not get absorbed. They can stay for a longer period of time and are beneficial. I think all this indigestion-like feeling...  Read Full »

How to get rid of gas problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a heavy gas problem with heaviness on head and neck. I am a diabetic with 72 age, weight 60 kg, and height 160 cm.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have a functional indigestion problem and so gas problem. Kindly mention any other clinical complaint if present to guide you further. You can be prescribed Gelusil or Alcid MPS like syrup to solve your gas problem. Meanwhile try to avoid intake of gas-formin...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Indigestion? We have medical experts to help you right away.