Indomethacin

Related Terms: Nsaids, Colchicine, Diclofenac, Fever, Parkinson's Disease, Psoriasis, Activity Restriction

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

Which medicine should I use for stiffness caused by ankylosing spondylitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed to have ankylosing spondylitis approximately 2 years back. I also had psoriasis, probably due to the same and it is chronic. Of late, there is extreme pain and even more stiffness, especially during the morning. It is no more tolerable and hence I am writing this. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are the answers to your questions. You have been diagnosed as a case of ankylosing spondylitis with psoriasis. Both the condition will affect your joints. Ankylosing will affect mainly axial skeletal joints. Psoriasis mostly affects peripheral joints and is of ...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for my big toe pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering lately from pain in my big toe joint. It is very severe that I could not sleep two nights when I ran out of painkillers. I thought it might be a gout attack. Because I do have gout. Though my uric acid levels are mostly high, I do not really watch what I eat. My tri...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed description, it is gout unless proven otherwise. The reason I say this is your past medical history of gout. Swelling of the great toe and adjoining area with excruciating pain is called podagra. It is the most common presentation of gout. Even nor...  Read Full »

I have intense pain in the back of my head. Is this something dangerous?
Query: Hello doctor,I have had an off and on intense pain in the back right of my head (not at the base of my neck. In the occipital area). It started a week ago. It comes and goes very quickly, feels like a very intense stabbing feeling, then stops. It can happen a few times or several times in the day. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious medical disorder (including a brain tumor). You should know that a brain tumor, usually does not cause intermittent sharp pain (which is typical of a nerve pain), but progressive headaches mainly during the night and in...  Read Full »

My left hip is completely fused. Can we have a healthy baby?
Query: Hi doctor, I have severe ankylosing spondylitis since 19 years. I am a 28 year old male, married and would like to have a baby now. I am taking Indomethacin 75 mg and Omeprazole twice a day. My left hip is completely fused, but I have no pain. There is pain in right hip and lower back. Please let me...  Read Full »
Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry about your condition and your future baby. You are fine and your baby will also be fine, as genetic transmission is rare in this case. Again you should change the painkiller if you are not responding to it. You can start tablet Rofecoxib 50 mg daily for five...  Read Full »

Ibuprofen
Article Overview: Ibuprofen belongs to NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) group which act on the substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation and its signs and symptoms. Thus, it prevents swelling, pain, and fever.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M
General Medicine Physician

Ibuprofen When the pain gets unbearable, it is the medicine that we turn to. One of the most commonly available or prescribed painkillers is Ibuprofen which is available in the brand names of Brufen, Nurofen, Motrin, and Advil. Introduction of Ibuprofen Ibuprofen belongs to NSAIDs (non-steroidal ...  Read Article »

Why am I getting headache during sex?
Query: Hi doctor,I am getting headaches during sex. Also, the pain peaks at orgasms. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headaches at peak of sex or after sex is usually associated with medicines used for erectile dysfunction like Viagra (Sildenafil). Sometimes, pain at orgasm can occur without any significant disorder due to sudden change in the hemodynamics of blood supply to various orga...  Read Full »

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your problem: Did you have these headaches any time before the last three or four months? In which other areas of your head, have you felt the pain? What kind of a headache is it? Does the pain feel like a heaviness, throbbing...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Indomethacin? We have medical experts to help you right away.