Infection

Related Terms: Fever, Antibiotics, Diabetes, Fungal Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, Hypertension, Viral Infection, Hiv Testing

Do infections spread through cryoprecipitate transfusion?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is a factor XIII deficiency patient and every month she takes seven packets of cryoprecipitate. I am a bit worried about the side effects of this transfusion. I just read some articles on the internet, which shares the information about the side effects of transfusion. From that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Infection risk is similar to any other blood product; however, other immune risks are not present. Many people receive more than this and are free from infection. The risk of infection is pretty low and I can say it as billio...  Read Full »

Dengue Infection - Prevention and Management
Article Overview: People panic soon after they hear the word dengue from the doctor's mouth.This article gives some awareness and also will calm down people.  Read Article »
Dr. Divakara P

There are lots of people getting affected with dengue infection, the severity ranging from mild to severe, even causing death. As most of you might be knowing dengue is a viral infection spread by mosquitoes. The mosquito which spreads dengue is active and bites during the day time and not in the n ...  Read Article »

Ringworm Infections
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It ...  Read Article »

Can infection on penis cause severe itching?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from an infection on my penis. I am using Clotrimazole cream over the infection. Once I miss applying cream a day, the penis gets infected with red patches, pus-filled boils and there is severe itching. My partner is not affected by any problem though we are sexually activ...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send photos of the affected area before applying Clotrimazole cream. After seeing your images, I can give my comment about your problem. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Can infection be contracted from unsterilized makeup brushes?
Query: Hi doctor,I want a professional and honest answer. I suffer from anxiety and OCD. Yesterday, I was dealing with patients post them having cosmetic injectables. There was pinpoint blood from the needle insertion points. I am thinking the worst case scenario and not saying this happened, but my mind i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our main concern here is regarding the transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), hepatitis B and C. Now, in the scenario you are explaining, it is less likely for any virus or infectious disease to transmit to other, but small risk of transmission remains. ...  Read Full »

Which infection causes sore throat, white patches, and excess mucus?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat, white patches, excess mucus (postnasal drip), and small red bumps on my tongue. What kind of infection is this?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like you have a bacterial throat infection and the red spots on the tongue are due to inflamed tongue papillae. For confirmation, consult an otolaryngologist and get a thorough clinical ev...  Read Full »

Urinary Tract Infection- a Brief Overview
Article Overview: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a common condition especially in women and it often remains undiagnosed and untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about UTI, its symptoms and treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Pir Muhammad Siddique
Urologist

Urinary Tract Infection Urinary tract consists of kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder and the urethra. Urine produced by the kidneys passes down the ureters and is stored in the urinary bladder until it is voided through the urethra. Infection most commonly involves the lower urinary tract which inc ...  Read Article »

H. Pylori Infection - Diagnosis and Prevention
Article Overview: H. pylori infection is caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. It resides in the stomach tissues, causing ulcers, gastritis, and abdominal discomfort. This article discusses how this infection can be prevented from spreading.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that is commonly present in stomach lining causing ulcers. This infection is contagious and it spreads from one person to another due to poor maintenance of personal hygiene. It spreads through saliva and fecal contamination of food and water. Causes The stomach e ...  Read Article »

Superficial Fungal Infections
Article Overview: Fungal infections of the skin and mucosal surfaces are very common. There are various types of fungi that affect different areas of the body causing distinct symptoms. Most mild to moderate cases can be treated with topical antifungals whereas severe cases require oral antifungal medications.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Fungal infections of the skin are a very common occurrence in people of all ages, from babies to adults and the elderly, in healthy as well as immunocompromised individuals. There are various types of fungi and each causes distinct features, depending on the site of infection. Some common types of ...  Read Article »

Onychomycosis - Fungal Infection of Nails, Its Patterns and Treatment
Article Overview: Most of the patients in dermatological practice who present with nail infections, come with an expectation that it gets cured in the first visit itself. But, due to the slow growth of nail plate and deeper involvement of nail matrix, it requires treatment for longer duration. In this article, I have discussed about fungal infection of the nails.  Read Article »

Onychomycosis includes nail infections due to dermatophytes, non-dermatophytes and yeasts as well. Dermatophyte infection of the nail plate is known as tinea unguium. It occurs due to the same species that causes tinea pedis (fungal infection of the feet) and tinea manuum (fungal infection ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.