Insect Bite

Related Terms: Itching, Levocetirizine, Insect Hypersensitivity Reaction, Allergy, Paracetamol, Amoxicillin, Management Of Insect Bite

There is a boil with burning sensation. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, The patient is 62 years old, weight 41 kg. All test reports are normal. There is a boil problem in the upper half of the right leg above the knee. She is having a burning sensation due to the same. It is spreading. Is it due to insect bite?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not boil (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is a case of herpes zoster. How long she has been suffering from this? Is this her first episode? Diabetes? Burning and pain are there?  Read Full »

Why do I get severe allergic reaction to insect bites?
Query: Hello doctor, I am getting increasingly more severe reactions to insect bites. For 45 years, my body barely registered insect bites, until my hands were bitten a hundred times each by tiny sand mozzies and swelled to triple normal size with great discomfort. Now every bite from mozzie, fly, ant, et...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. Most insect bites are harmless, though they feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. But some of the insect-like bee, wasp or as you mentioned sand mozzies may hurt and cause burning, swelling, pain, etc. Some peoples become allergic to such insect poison. They also transmit s...  Read Full »

What has caused this swelling on my face, insect bite or allergy?
Query: Hi doctor,I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only. Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some antihistamine drug ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?
Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would not be an insect bite unless it appeared overnight. After reviewing the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like an infection of the hair follicle. For such a skin infection, overweight and diabetes are the risk factors. I would ...  Read Full »

My legs are itchy and red. Is that due to insect bite?
Query: Hi doctor, Something appears to have bitten me on my legs. The skin is very red, and when I scratch, the area around it gets small red dots. It is incredibly itchy, and heat makes it worse. When I put ice on it, it feels better. I can feel a tiny lump in the centre of the round red bite, and it pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like some bed bug bitten case. Avoid scratching that area if you develop the itch. I suggest you antihistamine drug like tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice daily for five days and tablet Acenac-P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice daily for five days. Consult...  Read Full »

My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?
Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 2 years and seven months old. From five days, she has little bumps on her finger and she is having an itching sensation especially during nights. This happened after she played with clay in the garden. I am assuming it to be some insect bite. I am not sure though. Please adv...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is a strong probability of some sort of insect bite. I suggest giving her syrup Atarax 2 ml (Hydroxyzine) twice a day for two days. Keep watch, she might feel sleepy after Atarax. Apply calamine lotion locally. If the swelling does not disappear in two d...  Read Full »

I have two circular rashes on my arm. What is causing it?
Query: Hello doctor, I have two circular rashes on my arm across my elbow, such that when I close my elbow, the rashes touch. They are red with a brighter spot in the center. I noticed them two days ago and they have gotten a bit bigger and redder since then. Each is about 5 cm in diameter. They are slight...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello doctor, This looks like an insect bite reaction or a blister beetle dermatitis. I suggest you start applying Mometasone furoate ointment twice daily over the problem area for five days. Clean the area with saline, and not antiseptic. Avoid wearing full-sleeved clothes for a few days. Take a f...  Read Full »

I have hard skin patches in hands and feet for more than 10 years. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I have many hard skin patches majorly in exposed areas like hands and feet. They started around when I was 10 years old. I have consulted many doctors in the past, and all of them have different opinions like some would say it is an allergic reaction or it i...  Read Full »
Dr. Dilip Meena
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It indeed looks like an insect bite hypersensitivity reaction, also known as papular urticaria (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best way to manage this is protection from insect and mosquito bite. Use repellents, or liquid mosquito vaporizers, or...  Read Full »

Does acne itch?
Query: Hi doctor,I had acne on my left nostril and left arm. They were small and itchy. When I scratched, blood came out and the area has become red. Even after four days, there is redness with some bulging. There is some inflammation and itching as well. Sometimes, there is also a sensation of itching thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Was it just acne or may be some insect bite? Because, in acne there will not be any itching. So, I think it is some insect bite and the same thing happened to another part of the body. Due to scratching you further triggered the inflammation. I suggest the followin...  Read Full »

Why are my lips swollen and what can be done for it?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 17 years. A part of my upper lip is swollen. There is no pain in it. What might be the cause for it?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek H Nanda
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The swelling of upper lip might be due to allergy, insect bite, or a small trauma. You can take anti-allergy medications to reduce the swelling. I suggest taking tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 mg has to be taken, one tablet in the morning and a half at night. The t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Insect Bite? We have medical experts to help you right away.