Insulin

Related Terms: Diabetes, Diabetes Management, Metformin, Hba1c, Diabetes Mellitus, Insulin Resistance, Diabetes Medicine

Insulin Timing
Article Overview: Many patients suffer from hypoglycemia with insulin treatment. In most cases, it is due to the lack of knowledge of insulin action.  Read Article »
Dr. Basheer Ahamed
Diabetologist

Insulin Preparation Generic Name Onset Peak Rapid-acting Insulin Aspart 5-10 minutes 1-3 hrs   Insulin Lispro < 15 minutes ½-1½ hrs   Insulin Glulisine < 15 minutes ½-1½ hrs ...  Read Article »

Do my insulin values indicate pancreatic cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, My lab tests are as follows: Seven months ago: blood glucose of 105 mg/dl, GTT one hour 160 mg/dl, two hours 118 mg/dl, morning insulin 6.2 μU/ml, HbA1c 5.2 %, A1 6.1 %. This month: BG 110 mg/dl, GTT one hour 184 mg/dl, two hours 115 mg/dl, morning insulin 5.3 μU/ml. Every other b...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned I would like to say that the reason that your insulin levels are dropping is because of your beta cells of the pancreas are getting exhausted and are not gradually decreasing the production of insulin. Pancreati...  Read Full »

I take insulin, but my sugar levels are high. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, How are you? I am a 54 year old male. Nowadays, my sugar level is very high. Every day, I inject 28 units of insulin, 16 units in the morning before food and 12 units in the evening before food. But, my sugar levels are at 255 mg. I want to know if I should increase the shot of insulin...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it is clear that you need an increase in the dosage of insulin. However, it is also a good idea to reflect on your lifestyle and see if you can make any changes. If you are eating foods that increase blood sugar levels, especially sweets, you hav...  Read Full »

Can I take Insulin to control blood sugar?
Query: Hi doctor,I am having high blood glucose. My fasting blood sugar is 153, postprandial is 175 and before dinner 152. My doctor advised Janumet 50/500 before breakfast and dinner and Sulisent in the morning. Shall I take it? Presently, I am having Invokana 50/500 before breakfast and dinner and Reclid...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I like to tell you that you are doing a great job by managing strict diet restrictions and regular exercises. Please do continue exercising for at least 45 minutes daily. Now, coming to your concern regarding the medications, Insulin is definitely the most natur...  Read Full »

Doctor advised taking Insulin injections instead of tablet. What do you suggest?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. One year back, my HbA1c result was 8.2. Then, I started to take medicine Dailyglim M1 for three months and started some workout and took light food. Then, my sugar level came down. Fasting and PP result were in 105 and 160 range respectively. But, after some time it...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you are hesitant to use Insulin. But what she has said is right. Finally, Insulin is what controls your blood sugars. Since people are hesitant to use it, we usually do not prescribe it as a first-line treatment. Oral medications help the pancreas to p...  Read Full »

Among medicines and insulin, which is best to control sugar?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female. I had diabetes during pregnancy, and it continues after childbirth. Now I am a diabetic patient for past three years. My average sugar levels are ranging from 100-245 mg/dl. My sugar levels are not stable at all, and I had consulted my first doctor, and the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query, and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have diabetes. Your blood sugar is not that uncontrolled that you have to take insulin. You can do one thing, do HbA1c test and then get back to me so that I can put you on better treatment...  Read Full »

What do raised insulin and cholesterol levels indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, I seem to have high cholesterol for the first time and high insulin levels. Please go through my reports and advise. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Only few abnormalities noted. Raised insulin levels indicate that your body is becoming resistant to Insulin. It means that you are at risk of becoming diabetic in near future. The solution...  Read Full »

I think the Insulin injection is not reducing my mother's sugar levels. Should we change it?
Query: Hi doctor, My 77 year old mother, who weighs 115 kg, is suffering from diabetes mellitus since last 6 to 8 years. Her fasting sugar level is 180 and postprandial is 250. She is taking Insulin from the past 3 to 4 years, Humalog 50/50 (twice a day 40 units). And her HbA1c is also high. She also takes...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight reduction is very important in diabetes. Maintain a strict diet and walk daily to reduce weight. I suggest changing tablet Jentin Met (combination of Sitagliptin and Metformin) to tablet Galvus Met (combination of Vildagliptin and Metformin). Continue with In...  Read Full »

Should we increase the Insulin to control PP sugar level?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past six weeks, we have been noticing that my father's PP sugar levels after breakfast are in the range of 195 to 250 depending on what he eats. Fasting levels are more or less fine. He had done his laboratory tests before two months and his HbA1c was fine. I have attached the blo...  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your father. For uncontrolled sugar, I would suggest adding Voglibose available as tablet Volibo 0.3 mg before each major meal twice a day. Increasing the Insulin dose might risk him with hypoglycemia. Consult his specialist doctor, di...  Read Full »

How is the best Insulin treatment selected for a diabetes patient?
Query: Hi doctor, I have few questions which I would like to ask a professional. As I am not able to find the answers by myself, I would love to hear from a practicing professional. How is the best Insulin treatment (syringe, pen, pump and pod) selected for a type 1 diabetes patient? Generally, how long th...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than the best way, we consider more convenient and economical ways for the patient. The best is always Insulin pump, but it is costly and requires continued patient education. Injecting Insulin into the same site will cause damage to the fat tissue which result in ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Insulin? We have medical experts to help you right away.