Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection

Related Terms: Icsi, Ivf, Iui, Sperm Count, Infertility Treatment, Intra Uterine Insemination, Non-obstructive Azoospermia

We are undergoing infertility treatment.Will this treatment cause birth defects in our child?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and she has PCOD. We have been trying to conceive for the past 2 years, but no result. We went to infertility specialist six months ago. He started the treatment through medicines and one IUI. But, all the treatments failed. Then, he decided to go for IVF....  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. ICSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is the procedure in which a single sperm is selected and injected into an egg. ICSI is associated with a very negligible increase in birth defects (For example: rate of birth defects with natural co...  Read Full »

How many times can a person undergo IVF in total?
Query: Hello doctor,How many IVF can one person undergo in total? We have attempted three ICSI with negative results. Each time, the embryo failed to develop more than four days, once developed only up to morula stage on day five. My wife is 30 years old with AMH 4.5 with type-2 diabetes. Next, what can we...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing today? There is no limit to the number of times you can do ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection). But if I may advise, why not try to correct the underlying cause for the failure of a healthy embryo growth? An AMH of 4 or more means she has plen...  Read Full »

Can I conceive with help of Staminogro after losing one fallopian tube?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 33 years old. Two years back, I had an ectopic pregnancy so I lost my right fallopian tube. The doctor who did the operation told me that I would not be able to have children anymore due to the lost tube and the other tube is damaged. Can you please give me an answer? Will I still be ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tubes are damaged and ideally, if there was a possibility to repair, the doctor would have done it at that time. Your chances of conception are bright with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection); (test tube baby). Please do an AMH (anti-mullerian hormone), TSH (th...  Read Full »

I am 25 and my partner is 72. Can I get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old female and my AMH level is 1.12 and my partner is 72 years old. Can I get pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Tara Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are young and your AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) is borderline, not very low. So, you can become pregnant. Check if your thyroid and prolactin are normal. Check for tubal patency. If everything is normal, you can try IUI (intrauterine insemination). If your husba...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get IVF done in a patient with endometriosis?
Query: Hello doctor, Husband is 39 and wife is 38. Married for the past 11 years. Late pregnancy planning. Open myomectomy, right ovarian cystectomy, and adhesiolysis were done three years back. Conceived normally two years back with low AMH 1.34. CS a year back. Congenital heart disease - aortic stenosis...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keeping your history in mind, it is suggested that possible endometriosis or PID which can be the cause of raised CA125 should be ruled out with a diagnostic laparoscopy and peritoneal lavage for culture and possible malignant cells (if any, ovarian). This is mandato...  Read Full »

From my scan report, can you tell me if I can conceive?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and married for 4 years now. I am 5.2 and obese. This is my scan report. Can you please tell me if I can conceive this month? I previously had PCOS. Currently, I am using ayurveda medicines. I heard that delayed ovulation rupture does not cause pregnancy. Also, my hus...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since your husband has teratospermia (sperm with abnormal morphology), he will have to meet andrologist and get started with medications. For you, I suggest Folic acid sup...  Read Full »

With respect to my semen report, do I need ICIS?
Query: Hi doctor, I have recently had a semen analysis in anticipation of doing IVF with my wife. The two parameters showed up as low are the percentage of normal morphology and motility index. I will attach the semen analysis results along with this query. My questions are the following. Am I considered s...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total motility is normal and the morphology is low. To improve normal morphology, please stay away from heat, chemical, smoking, alcohol and cold compress the testes daily for five minutes. My advice is to take vitamins C, E, B complex, folic acid, zinc and eat more ...  Read Full »

What are my chances of becoming a father?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, f...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your report, you have asthenoteratozoospermia. Also, your report shows pus cells. Now, I suggest the following:  Get a semen culture done to rule out an infection in the semen which may ...  Read Full »

I lose the erection when I try to penetrate my wife. Please suggest
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32 year old male. I got married two years ago. My wife is two years younger than me. Both of us have never been in a relationship ever before. Now after marriage, we are trying to have intercourse, but are unable to. We want to have a baby now but are really worried about the sit...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal vagina before sexual intercourse has its walls collapsed on each other. On penetration, the walls open wide apart and take the shape of the husband's penis for more pleasure of both partners. The cause of losing erection is due to anxiety. You need to calm d...  Read Full »

The semen analysis report shows azoospermia. How to proceed further?
Query: Hi doctor, My husband's semen analysis result shows azoospermia. We done it twice and the result remains the same. What shall we do?  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Azoospermia was confirmed by two reports. So, kindly have him examined by an andrologist. He has to be examined for secondary sexual features, testes size and presence of gas. His FSH levels (follicle-stimulating hormone) must be checked too. By doing these we would be...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection? We have medical experts to help you right away.