Intracranial Pressure

Related Terms: Mri Of Brain, Headache, Hypertension, Cerebrospinal Fluid, High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure, Vertigo

What makes me dizzy when I shout or blow hard?
Query: Hello doctor,When I shout or blow hard with my mouth, I get headaches or dizziness. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The headache you feel is due to increased intracranial pressure when shouting or blowing. Avoid such habits. If it happens without shouting or blowing, I suggest you consult a neurologist to rule out neurological problems. All the best. F...  Read Full »

Is bilateral papilledema a serious one?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife was recently seen by an ophthalmologist for loss of peripheral vision in one eye and a feeling of something wrong with her eye, as though it were closed. Ophthalmologist diagnosed it as bilateral papilledema and referred to neurologist for immediate follow up. The ophthalmologist ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get panic. Papilledema is swelling of optic nerve head due to increase in intracranial pressure. This pressure may be high due to some tumor or blockage of sinuses or idiopathic (without cause). The investigations required are: Perimetry should be done by o...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of headache after nine months of head injury?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who had a stroke from a blow injury (heavy fall and hit the back of her head) to the lower back of her head before nine months, is still having headaches on physical exertion, especially at work. She is a nurse and occasionally has to help move or lift patients, which always ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understood your concern. It means that whenever her abdominal pressure rises, she gets a headache. This is because the pressure inside the skull called intracranial pressure raises whenever her abdominal pressure rises. The intracr...  Read Full »

I cannot move my eye outwards. Do you think it is sixth nerve palsy?
Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I started experiencing double vision. I went to the ER and was told that I need to see my eye doctor. The next day, I went to the eye doctor, and he did a field test. He told me a nerve was messed up in my eye due to diabetes. He said it could take a few months to heal and that...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you cannot move your eye outwards, you seem to have sixth nerve palsy (Abducent nerve). We need to investigate its cause and then contemplate a cure. The most common cause for 6th nerve palsy are as follows: Increase in intracranial pressure. Some space occupying le...  Read Full »

Can I take vitamin A tablet to improve my vision?
Query: Hello doctor, I wear specs. Can I take vitamin A chewable tablets daily to make my vision good? Will it cause any problem? Kindly share your advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Unlike common perception, taking Vitamin A does not improve eyesight or decrease spectacle number. It only prevents night blindness and xerosis. So, vitamin A supplements will not help.Vitamin A in excess amount is extremely harmful and has a potential to raise intracranial...  Read Full »

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedt...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache which you have described could be migraines. I would need to know answer of few questions which would help me in getting to the right diagnosis. Any history of headache (HA) in your wife's family or your children? How does the headache feel - throbbing, pulsati...  Read Full »

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to intracranial hypertension or any of the other disorders. An inner ear disorder, vertigo, or epilepsy may lead to such clinical situation. For this reason, I re...  Read Full »

My father has a brain hemorrhage. What treatment would you suggest?
Query: Hello doctor,My father has a brain hemorrhage. He has multiple blood clots. I am attaching the CT scan reports. Please have a look.  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are not blood clots but areas of bleeding within the brain. He should be treated with hemostatic agents till the resolution of the hemorrhage and edema. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-on...  Read Full »

Can venous aneurysm cause headache?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a 8 x 12 mm sac type aneurysm on the vein of Galen. I am 50 years old and otherwise in a good health. I have had bad headaches and nausea for about seven months. It led MRV and that found the aneurysm. I know the risks of an arterial aneurysm rupturing, but do venous ones rupture? ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very rare anomaly. Dilatation of entire vein is more common. Theoretically, there is a risk of rupture. But, in practice the most common complications are hydrocephalus and cardiac problems. You have not indicated whether the scan revealed hydrocephalus or not. ...  Read Full »

Is there any indication of parasitic infection in my brain MRI?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if there appears to be any indication of a parasitic infection, specifically, cerebral sparganosis? I am waiting on getting the ELISA antibody test for sparganosis, and have been having worsening headaches and moving/squirming sensations in my head?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cerebral sparganosis is a rare parasitic infection due to a parasite named spirometra mansoni and when there is a parasitic infestation of the brain tissues. There are particular features like small tunnels in the brain tissues, areas of edema, and in some cases the ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Intracranial Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.