Intralesional Steroid Injection

Related Terms: Triamcinolone, Acne, Alopecia Areata, Hair Loss, Acne Scars, Autoimmune Disorder, Causes For Lsc

Why are hairless patches forming in my beard?
Query: Hello doctor, There is a hairless patch forming in my beard. The hairless patch feels smoother. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, It is called alopecia areata. I suggest you try the following: Desowen cream (Desonide), twice daily. Visit a dermatologist for intralesional steroid injection (ILS), it helps hair regrowth. It is given once in three weeks. Oral zinc supplement, tablet Zinfate, once daily for a month. Consult ...  Read Full »

How can alopecia be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with alopecia for four months. My hair is not growing. Kindly suggest some medicine. I am on vitamins.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis is alopecia areata. The most effective treatment will be intralesional steroid injection. This is the injection given straight to the bald area. You need to meet a dermatol...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?
Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full »

I want to avoid scarring due to popping of cystic pimple on eyebrow. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor, I had a cystic pimple on my eyebrow for about a week that just popped under the skin last night. I have never experienced this before. So, I am worried about scarring. Is this something I need to go and check with a dermatologist immediately to clean it out if I want to avoid scarring? Wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the clinical photograph attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have developed nodulocystic acne. What did you mean by it has popped last night? Is this same lesion present for one week or it has subsided now since yesterday? ...  Read Full »

I have black patches on the periphery of feet. What can it be?
Query: Hi doctor, I have skin allergy on feet. Black patches on periphery of feet. Lack of moisture in those areas causing wide open cracks and even the flesh are exposed outside. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Kindly guide. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the lesion present on both the feet? Do you have any itchy lesion anywhere else in the body? How long have you had it? Judging by the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the limited history, I have come to the following conclusion. You ...  Read Full »

Can I take steroid injection for a bald patch on the beard?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bald patch on the beard for the past three weeks. I am suspecting alopecia. I have uploaded the photo. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune entity. I suggest you try Tacroz forte (Tacrolimus) twice daily on the patch. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ta...  Read Full »

What is the little bump that is present on my stomach?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this little bump on my stomach for a few years. I have attached a picture of the bump. I have shaved the area to give you a better picture. The bump is not growing or increasing in size. It has been the same size. What could this be?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since there are many causes of nodule and complete history with good clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the nodule, I would like to give a differential diagnosis of what could...  Read Full »

I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for hair loss?
Query: Hello mam, I am 22 years old and I am experiencing hair loss for more than eight years. Every time, I shampoo my hair, I would lose 50 to 100 strands of hair. I have an oily, itchy scalp and to some point, my scalp is visible (not completely bald) and my hair density has also reduced. I wash my hai...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should take Minoxidil at least for six months. If there is dandruff, it should be treated with antifungal shampoo. The normal shedding per day is 35 to 45 hairs. Of course, hair can grow again but healthy diet alone will not be enough. Send me a photo or visi...  Read Full »

What can be done to avoid irritation and rubbing of keloid on chest?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a keloid I guess at the center of my chest from past one year and a new one developed since a few months back. I took treatment but was not effective. I used to take Isotretinoin capsules daily and apply Clobkare cream. One major problem I face with them is they rub against the sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keloids are a type of scars which itches or irritates when something touches it. Do not apply any tapes or plaster because if you try to remove the tape you will pluck your hair which in turn induce keloid formation. You can plan for intralesional Triamcinolone injectio...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Intralesional Steroid Injection? We have medical experts to help you right away.