Intrusive Repetitive Thoughts

Related Terms: Fluoxetine, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Obsession, Ocd, Anxiety, Compulsive Thoughts, Relaxation Techniques

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
Article Overview: Obsessive Compulsive personality disorder is a chronic, disabling and difficult to treat mental disorder that remains unrecognized in majority of patients due to lack of awareness.  Read Article »

Before you understand what is OCPD I am writing down a summary of a patient suffering from OCPD. "A 26-year-old woman has a lifetime preoccupation with rules, work, order, and stinginess. Even so, she is in trouble at work because she keeps missing deadlines and has difficulty making decisions. The ...  Read Article »

I am not able to focus on studies because of my thoughts. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a student and I like to watch cartoons a lot and read comics. I want to study but I am not able to focus and put my mind to study. Whenever I plan on studying, my thoughts are filled with events of comics. How can I put these thoughts out of my mind?  Read Full »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned and would like to increase concentration in studies due to preoccupation with thoughts. Low concentration over studies could be due to various reasons. For instance, negative experiences at schools or classes, co...  Read Full »

Why do I think too hard to pronounce people's names in my mind?
Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from derealization and Asperger's syndrome, and I accidentally think too hard about how to pronounce people's names. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I really want to fix whatever it is I just accidentally did. But there is nothing I can do. Every possible solution interferes w...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think the symptoms you are describing is more fitting to an OCD (obsessive compulsive disease) spectrum disorder. As long as you give way to your thoughts and practice repeatedly to pronounce names, this problem will keep worsening. So, you have got to stop responding t...  Read Full »

I am getting angry by remembering old incidents. Should I see a psychiatrist?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I do not think I am depressed as such. I am doing everything fine and having a happy family life. But, something is troubling me since a year or so. I get anger, mostly by remembering old incidents, sometimes incidents from my childhood. Mostly involving my fathe...  Read Full »
Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The thoughts seem quite repetitive and not in your control from what you are saying. Something that happened could have triggered it. Also, you seem quite disturbed about it, and it is affecting your driving. In my opinion, it is the best to c...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent cure for my unwanted thoughts?
Query: Hi doctor, I am keep on getting unwanted thoughts and feelings related to the environment around in the vicinity. I am getting images of god, food items, fecal matter, song lyrics, animal skin feeling sensation, etc. There are countless examples. I am getting some racing feeling while resisting my t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The intrusive thoughts and ideas you have mentioned are related to obsessive thoughts and should be evaluated properly. Obsessions are repetitive, unwanted, intrusive, repugnant, dominating ideas, impulses or thoughts that are purposeless an...  Read Full »

How to come out of unwanted thoughts in OCD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical college student. My age is 20 and my weight is 38 kg. I have obsessive compulsive disorder for a year. Also, before a year I suffered with deep distress. I cried and scolded myself. I always remember my beautiful past life. I liked to become a doctor in my first attempt,...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I congratulate you for entering into medical course and wish you a great life ahead. I think your main issue currently is unwanted thoughts in your mind. This can be a residual symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder. Last year, when the stress in life ...  Read Full »

How to overcome sexual attraction towards my mother?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 years old male. I feel sexually attracted to my own mother. I had some mild feelings since childhood, but it became strong since teenage. I started feeling to be loved by mom as her son and sexually too. I sometimes feel guilty about it. But, I could not control myself. I saw my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Sexual feelings in an adult towards a female are considered as normal and acceptable. But, such feelings towards any female with blood relationship are not acceptable in any society and this result in significant blow to reputation and...  Read Full »

My husband watched a strip show and is feeling guilty. How to get him out of this?
Query: Dear doctor, My husband recently watched a strip show. It affected him a lot. After asking a lot of questions, he revealed that he could not come out of it. He is always straying on other women, and he is thinking of going back and booking a prostitute. Also, he is worried that he could not come out...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has developed the guilt post watching the show. As you are aware that he went to watch a strip show, I do not think there is any need for guilt. Watching strip show is like watching an adult movie which most of the men watch. Only you can help him to come out of tha...  Read Full »

What should I do to concentrate in my studies?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a student. When I sit for study, I just start feeling distractions from small noises and things. Most of the time, I go to imaginations of things I want to create and sometimes, I suddenly start daydreaming about different kinds of thoughts. Sometimes, I start to remember about pa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The recurrent distractibility could be occurring due to anxiety and should be evaluated. Intrusive thoughts during studying result in distraction. If remembering the things related to the past and imagining things are causing distress, then...  Read Full »

How to overcome my strange anxiety?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a strange anxiety that something will happen to my loved ones whenever they go out. What shall I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be harboring recurrent intrusive thoughts of harm befalling your loved ones. These thoughts can cause guilt even though you know that they are irrational. However, you might try to control these thoughts, it will be of no use. The symptoms that you have descr...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Intrusive Repetitive Thoughts? We have medical experts to help you right away.