Iron Supplement

Related Terms: Iron Defeciency Anemia, Low Hemoglobin, Folic Acid, Iron-rich Foods, Heavy Bleeding, Anaemia, Vitamin Supplements

Query: Hello doctor, I have an iron deficiency for three months and have been using Iron supplements. My ferritin is still low though, so I am using Iron supplements still. My question is, my RBC has been increased to 4.52, hemoglobin is also gradually increasing to its normal levels (11.2). Now it is on ...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Serum ferritin reflects the iron store. Whenever an Iron supplement is started, the iron store is replenished in last. So gradually your ferritin and iron level will come back to normal. Your RBC and PCV (packed cell volume) are not much altered. So do not worry abou...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I began presenting last fall with some chronic fatigue. The initial blood work showed low iron saturation without anemia. I have attached reports of the same. There were other endocrine-related findings as well. In the course of various endocrine-related treatments and corresponding bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, iron supplementation can be stopped because serum iron, TIBC (total iron binding capacity) and hemoglobin levels are within the range. Fatigue can occur in hypothyroidism, or due to anxiety, lack of sleep, exhaustion, stress or lack of exercise. Repeat...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of anemia. I have been taking iron supplements prescribed by my doctor for the past few months. After a while, I had an appointment, and my doctor said that I am still very anemic. A few years ago, I had an eating problem. I was overeating, but I did not gain weight. Is t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are taking supplements regularly then either you do not have iron deficiency anemia, or you are having ongoing blood loss either in periods or stools. The first thing is to get peripheral smear test, and serum iron studies were done. It will let us know whether yo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitamin D deficiency you need to take capsule Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for six weeks. Vitamin D is necessary for our body for general health and for calcium absorption into our body. So, indirectly it helps to maintain bone health. Vitamin D is synthe...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. Yesterday, doctors have checked my blood. I am visiting a hospital frequently as I have iron deficiency anemia. The thing I am scared about is, my doctor asked me why my ferritin has not increased (just the opposite, it has decreased from 5.79 to 5.77) after...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In viral infection, lymphocytosis means increased lymphocytes and neutrophil is relatively low because of increased lymphocytes. Platelet can be high in iron deficiency anemia. It is not a matter of worry just now. You can provide your reports to guide you further....  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 16 year old son, he runs at the varsity level, for his high school, cross country, and track team. He is a distance runner. He recently had some blood tests done. His hemoglobin was 14.8 g/dL, hematocrit was 44.5 %, and ferritin was 23 ng/mL. I have been told by the team do...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will second your pediatrician and reassure you that, iron is for hemoglobin synthesis, and as the amount of hemoglobin is fine and he is actively taking part in long-distance sports I will not supplement iron. If you are being pressurized then the best alternative is...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been advised to take Zincofer-XT tablet, but this is not available anywhere. Actually, my total iron binding capacity (TIBC) was 450, transferrin saturation was 10.29 and MCHC was 36.8. However, this tablet is not available anywhere. Can you recommend an alternative with the d...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this drug is composed of Iron supplement and Folic acid, you can take any available Iron and Folic acid supplement even as two separate medications. You can take it in the morning with orange juice to increase iron absorption. For further information consult an intern...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 34 and I have regular period. I am trying to conceive for the last four months. My period bleeding is only for three or four days. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Send me details of your cycle, so that I can guide you with fertile period. Get your complete blood count and thyroid pro...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am anemic. How to increase hemoglobin levels in my body? Which fruits should I take?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your hemoglobin is below 10g/dL, then iron supplements have to be taken once daily. Syrup Ferritin is a good choice. A healthy diet will definitely help in elevating your hemoglobin level very soon. Have three meals a day with adequate fruits and soups in between...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, We were prescribed Orofer but got Orofer XT for iron deficiency. Is it fine to have Orofer XT instead?  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Iron deficiency anemia is very common. You should start taking iron supplements only after an accurate diagnosis is made. Because if taken in over dosage it may cause health problems. Iron supplements should not be given in iron overload, thalassemia and non iron deficien...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Iron Supplement? We have medical experts to help you right away.