Medical Advice on "Irregular Periods"

All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg. It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start. Reduce … View thread »

I need more details to understand what is going on. Can you explain the irregular periods, are they coming late? What kind of IUD (intrauterine device) do you have, copper or hormonal? Do you have any acne or hirsutism? Do you have any history of infertility? Do you … View thread »

You are a clear cut case of PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you are not intending to get pregnant soon, then you should be started on monthly pills of Krimson 35 or Ginette 35 with Cyproterone acetate from day 3 of your cycle for at least three to six months … View thread »

Irregular periods can not only be associated with thyroid but few other conditions too. Check this time for your periods. Suppose, you are still not getting, but having nauseous feeling and vomiting sensation, then I would suggest you to get a beta-hCG test done to … View thread »

I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be totally … View thread »

Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate, low blood count, thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please get your … View thread »

From your query, I understand that you are suffering from hypothyroidism. I need to know when was it diagnosed, and what was the thyroid profile at that time. Irregular periods and weight gain is a part of hypothyroid. I would like to modify your dose as well as advise … View thread »

Any kind of stress or illness can cause irregular periods. If you are having irregular periods for the first time, then no need to worry. Just wait for the next cycle. If it still persists, then you … View thread »

Yes, it is normal to have irregularities in the periods at this stage when the menarche has recently occurred. You can give her Evecare syrup if it persists, which is an ayurvedic non-hormonal uterine blood flow regulating tonic. This stage might last for another year … View thread »

I have gone through your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For sure it is not pregnancy. You have polycystic ovaries (PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome), which are causing this irregular period problem. You will have to exercise and … View thread »

Do you have a question on Irregular Periods? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Diabetologist Now!