Irregular Periods

Related Terms: I-pill, Unprotected Sex, Pcos, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Beta Hcg, Ovulation, Urine Pregnancy Test

Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg. It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start. Re...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had irregular periods for months. I am experiencing abnormal periods where I am bleeding every other week. Sometimes the bleeding lasts a few days whereas sometimes it lasts at least eight days. More recently, I have had my worst period. I have had it 10 days then off for three ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The contraceptive efficacy of the Norethisterone is quite less and if you are taking it irregularly then also it may cause a breakthrough bleeding. So the important thing is to get a pregnancy test as this is the most common cause to rule out. If this is ruled out t...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. I also have premenstrual spotting, followed by three days of profuse bleeding. I got an IUCD placed ten years back. I use Minoxidil 5 % for topical application, since three months, but I stopped it 15 days back. I have a history of vitamin ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more details to understand what is going on. Can you explain the irregular periods, are they coming late? What kind of IUD (intrauterine device) do you have, copper or hormonal? Do you have any hirsutism or acne? Do you have any history of infertility? D...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a history of irregular periods and now I am failing to get pregnant. To highlight about my past, I started having my periods from the age of 14 and had irregular periods always. Sometimes, I had heavy flow for 7 to 8 days and sometimes it was scanty for only 2 days. I was put ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are a clear cut case of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). If you are not intending to get pregnant soon, then you should be started on monthly pills of Krimson 35 or Ginette 35 with Cyproterone acetate from day 3 of your cycle for at least three to six month...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing irregular periods problem from one year (since I took I-pill). I took I-pill in fear of getting pregnant although I did not have sex till now. I am still a virgin, but physically active with my boyfriend. I am putting on weight due to irregular periods and stomach disturba...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. You should not take I-pill if you did not have intercourse. Because, it is a hormonal pill and can cause hormonal imbalance. As far as current medicines are concerned, they are good. Keep on taking them. Along with that, take tablet Raja prav...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old lady and married. I have thyroid and irregular period sometimes. For thyroid, I am taking Eltroxin 75 mcg and I am in control. It has been two months since, I last got my period. We used condom while having sex. For three days, I had light cramps on and off in lower abd...  Read Full »
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Irregular periods are not only be associated with thyroid but few other conditions too. Check this time for your periods. Suppose, you are still not getting, but having nauseous feeling and vomiting sensation, then I would suggest you to get a beta-hCG test done to r...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Over past 3 months my periods have become irregular. It was regular throughout my life. I faced spotting between periods and had been detected with a submucosal fibroid of 2 cm. For the past 3 months, I feel in the morning after passing bowels that my bowel has not cleared. This feeling ...  Read Full »
Dr. Viral Dineshchandra Vyas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be total...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner without penetration but I rubbed my penis on her vagina. She had her last periods before 10 days and usually have irregular periods. She had withdrawal bleeding after a week and today it is 38 days after the last period. Two days back she had abdomin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is unlikely to be pregnant, however, get one urine pregnancy test done to be on the safer side. Also, I guess you did not ejaculate inside her. You mentioned about the withdrawal bleeding, so I guess she would have taken I-pill which is highly effective in preven...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from irregular periods. Currently taking medication Levothyroxin 50. T3 0.87ng/ml, T4=8.30Ug/dl, Tsh=2.43ulu/ml. Age-34 years, weight 75 kg, height is 5 feet. Please advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, I understand that you are suffering from hypothyroidism. I need to know when was it diagnosed, and what was the thyroid profile at that time. Irregular periods and weight gain is a part of hypothyroid. I would like to modify your dose as well as advise...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Irregular Periods? We have medical experts to help you right away.