Medical Advice on "Irregular Periods"

All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg. It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start. Reduce … View thread »

The contraceptive efficacy of the Norethisterone is quite less and if you are taking it irregularly then also it may cause a breakthrough bleeding. So the important thing is to get a pregnancy test as this is the most common cause to rule out. If this is ruled out … View thread »

I need more details to understand what is going on. Can you explain the irregular periods, are they coming late? What kind of IUD (intrauterine device) do you have, copper or hormonal? Do you have any acne or hirsutism? Do you have any history of infertility? Do you … View thread »

You are a clear cut case of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). If you are not intending to get pregnant soon, then you should be started on monthly pills of Krimson 35 or Ginette 35 with Cyproterone acetate from day 3 of your cycle for at least three to six … View thread »

Irregular periods are not only be associated with thyroid but few other conditions too. Check this time for your periods. Suppose, you are still not getting, but having nauseous feeling and vomiting sensation, then I would suggest you to get a beta-hCG … View thread »

I understand that your periods are irregular and you have a feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel. This type of combination is seen in hypothyroidism. So you need to check your thyroid function after consulting a physician. These two problems can also be … View thread »

Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate, low blood count, thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please … View thread »

From your query, I understand that you are suffering from hypothyroidism. I need to know when was it diagnosed, and what was the thyroid profile at that time. Irregular periods and weight gain is a part of hypothyroid. I would like to modify your dose as well as advise … View thread »

Any kind of stress or illness can cause irregular periods. If you are having irregular periods for the first time, then no need to worry. Just wait for the next cycle. If it still persists, then you … View thread »

In breastfeeding ladies, periods can be irregular up to some extent despite getting normal periods after delivery. This can be due to hormonal changes and due to breastfeeding. So, there is nothing to worry. But if you do not get your period the next month … View thread »

Do you have a question on Irregular Periods? We have experts to help you right away.