Ischemia

Related Terms: ECG, Stroke, Echocardiogram, Ischemic Stroke, Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension

Do you see signs of ischemia in my ECG reports?
Query: Hello doctor, Abnormal t-wave. High QRS Voltage. Abnormal Qtc. Pulse 60. Two readings were taken. Marfan syndrome present. Male 33 years old, 180 lbs, 6.1 feet tall. Chest tightness, heart palpitations, fast heartbeat, fluttering, fatigue, inverted sternum since birth (abdominal area protrudes, not...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the ECG and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The abnormally high QRS voltage could be due to the chest wall deformity and thus the heart being closer to the chest wall than usual. Hence, the recording electrodes recording high...  Read Full »

Can pain from splinter hemorrhages spread to other fingers and increase heart rate?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old female weighing 100 lbs and 5.6 feet tall. I have had splinter hemorrhages that started in my index finger and now has spread to my thumb, but the pain in spreading to four fingers of my right hand. It becomes unbearable at times when I wake up or when I go into cold e...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of limb ischemia that is obstruction of blood flow to your hand. As it is progressive, it is likely due to an embolus (clot) getting dislodged and landing in your hand or may be due to local clot formation. I suggest you visit your specialis...  Read Full »

Why is there pain from breast bone to shoulder and down the arm?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pain that goes from my breast bone under my left breast up to my left shoulder and down my arm. It is a dull consistent pain but sometimes becomes sharp. I am a six time MI patient and have had two light strokes. I had a similar pain three years back during a massive hea...  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to myocardial ischemia. Musculoskeletal pain cannot be excluded either. Coming to this point, I would recommend going to the ER (emergency room) for a careful physical examination and some tests as follows: Resting ECG (electrocardio...  Read Full »

How to cure spinal deformity?
Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know which avenue to go down to treat my issues. I believe I have something wrong with my legs which cause my body to strain. The first memory I can remember was having very excruciating pain in my legs at night when I was a young teenager. As I got older my knees started ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excruciating pains at night could be due to muscle cramps or due to vascular ischemia (compromised blood supply). Cold feeling in ankles and feet suggest vascular compromise. Pinching of nerve could be due to spinal deformity. Nerve compression when it exits spinal cord ...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath | Pain in shoulder
Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath, and pain in the shoulder for past eight years. Currently, I am taking Zolahart 40, Stablon, Flavedon MR, Rabekind Dar, Ezidoc 20, Ecosprin 75, and Pregaba 75.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ECG is showing changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which indicate some kind of heart damage either ischemia, hypertension induced or other. You mentioned here about angiography and it is showing only 30 percent blockages. So have you undergo...  Read Full »

Why is there a twitch or spasm in the upper left chest?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an unusual strange feeling system. There is a twitch or spasm in the upper left chest where the heart is. It has been twitching constantly on and off all day. I have not been sleeping well for the last 3 to 4 days and I am on Adderall 20 mg XR and 2 x 30 mg IR daily. I am sure the...  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your concern and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to cardiac ischemia. These muscle twitching may be caused by possibile water and electrolytes imbalances. This, in turn, is favored also by Adderall (Amphetamine) i...  Read Full »

Are ventricular ectopic beats dangerous?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. My ECG shows ventricular ectopic heartbeat of 56 beats per minute. What should I do? Is it dangerous?  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 28, ventricular ectopic beats are really dangerous. The most common cause of ventricular ectopic beats is myocardial ischemia. You have not mentioned your smoking history and your anxiety levels. High levels of anxiety can cause ectopic beats. A detailed hi...  Read Full »

My mother does not complain of chest pain, but her ECG is abnormal. How?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 65 years old and diabetic for the last 15 to 20 years. During her last blood and urine test, there were some issues with lipid profile test apart from sugar fasting and PP. When doctor performed ECG, there was some problem with that also. Now the doctor had recommended CAG. M...  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your mother's test results show abnormalities. That is why the doctor has recommended CAG (coronary angiography).The ECG shows ST segment flattening at V, which indicates ischemia (reduced blood supply) and can lead to a heart attack. It can occur in patients without ch...  Read Full »

What do my MRI reports suggest?
Query: Hello doctor, I am diabetic and hypertensive and have neuro problems. I want you to look at my MRI reports and advice me accordingly. I have attached the reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report says that there are chronic ischemic changes suggestive of small vessel ischemia. These changes are usually seen in people with underly...  Read Full »

What causes burning sensation of legs in an arthritis patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 80 years old. She is suffering from arthritis or spondylolysis for more than 30 years. She is receiving treatment from a local orthopedician. She is having NSAID and other general medicines since five years. Her ESR level suddenly rose. From last few months she felt extrem...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother is having nerve compression at two levels. Grade I spondylolisthesis is mild and an osteoporotic compression fracture D12 vertebra. Burning pain is due to ischemia of ner...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ischemia? We have medical experts to help you right away.