Itching

Related Terms: Levocetirizine, Clotrimazole, Fungal Infection, Fluconazole, Allergy, Moisturizer, Antifungal

Itching - a Common Symptom of Skin Disorder
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed various causes, types and management of itching.  Read Article »

Pruritus (itching) is the predominant symptom of inflammatory skin disease. It lacks precise definition and can best be defined indirectly as a sensation that leads to a desire to scratch. Types of Itching: Tickle sensation, which is a more akin to touch. It is very transient and easily relieved ...  Read Article »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de ...  Read Article »

I have itching on my foreskin. Will it recur frequently?
Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my foreskin. I observed creamy deposit behind the foreskin reappearing every day despite washing my penis by pulling foreskin. I feel very itchy on the penis when I pull back the foreskin for washing. Now I am using Cetaphil. This problem has occurred three times in la...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. From your history, it can be candidal balanitis. Do you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have itching on my arm and chest. What is it due to and what is the likely treatment?
Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my right arm and chest.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since when do you have this itching? Are you concerned about black nodular lesions over chest? On arm, there is no active skin lesion. Have you used any topical creams? Do you have acne o...  Read Full »

There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem. Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Does itching in eyes and headache mean glaucoma?
Query: Hello doctor, Kindly advise regarding glaucoma. I am having no serious complication in the body but having a problem in eyes like itching and sometimes feeling headache.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned and through your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the appearance of your optic discs is deviated from normal, as per the given photos and image, your eye pressure is 20 mmHg...  Read Full »

There is itching and irritation with red patches in the skin. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, Few days before, my skin got irritated. I thought it was natural. Last night, just after washing my face with facewash, my skin got red patches in the morning and I have itching type sensation. It looks very awkward. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Irritation and itching on the face can be due to seborrheic dermatitis, polymorphous light eruption, irritant contact dermatitis, and many more. It would be easier for me to make a diagnosis if I see the picture. Can you please attach your clinical pictures of the face?...  Read Full »

I have itching and burning sensation on penis after sex. What could be the reason?
Query: Hi doctor,Twelve days ago I had protected sex with a girl I did not know after a night out. I showered that night maybe an hour afterward and used a perfume smelling body wash or shampoo. Whether it was in my head or actual, the next day I noticed an itchiness or rather a need to readjust my penis w...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. Well, you need not worry about any STD or fungal infection or jock itch or even about herpes as your lesions are not active right now. There is only mild redness which could be remnant of balanitis or friction. At the moment no s...  Read Full »

I have itching in my under legs. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor,I have itching in my under legs and skin around the area is getting darker and itches so much.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having a fungal infection of the area. I have seen both the photos you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you were to come to me for a consult, I would give you the following advice. Sertaconazole (Onabet) ointment for loca...  Read Full »

How can itching be effectively and safely controlled during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and is four months pregnant now. She is suffering from severe itching which is not responding to any medication. Her doctor advised to take Udiliv 150 and Cetirizine, but there is no relief. We changed the doctor, and this doc advised to take Udiplus 300, capsu...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is obstetric cholestasis. During pregnancy, Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg is the best and effective treatment for cholestasis. Your gynecologist has prescribed yo...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away.