Itching Near Scrotum

Related Terms: Levocetirizine, Sertaconazole, Terbinafine, Fungal Infection, Fungal Infection Of The Groin, Itching, Luliconazole

How to tell the difference between tinea cruris and STD symptoms?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from tinea cruris, itching near scrotum, for a very long time and left untreated. Now, I am losing my hairs from the left side of the scrotal area. I went to a doctor and he gave me a cream and a medicine for 10 days. After 10 days, I got relief and also hairs are growing ...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tinea cruris is a fungal infection of the groin. It is possible that you may have got a recurrence of the same. It would be of great help if you could tell me the medicine and cream that you have used and after how many days of stopping the medicine did the problem rec...  Read Full »

I have hard, itchy lumps on the scrotum. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have lumps or cysts on the scrotum for a year of around 8-9 in number. They are of different size. There is no pain but I feel too much itching on the skin of scrotum. When I touch them they feel little hard. By seeing the photos which I have attached here for your reference please tell...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached. You are suffering from scrotum steatocystoma multiplex. It is a type of sebaceous cyst. They are benign; do not have any chance of malignancy. So, if they are bothering you...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation and redness in scrotum. Kindly help me.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having a burning sensation and redness in my scrotum. I consulted two doctors from the same hospital. The doctor diagnosed it as scrotal dermatitis. The first doctor prescribed the following: Motimesh cream (to be applied at night) for 10 days, Abzorb Dus...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be red scrotum syndrome. It is a chronic disease characterized by redness and burning on the scrotum. If I was your treating doctor, I...  Read Full »

What is the reason for severe itch in genitals and the surrounding area?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full »
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full »

Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.
Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots. Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion. Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly a...  Read Full »

I have itchy pimples on the surface of my scrotum. What can it be?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am having pimples on the surface of the scrotum since last 7 years. Sometimes there is itching and irritation. My father also have the same problem, but still not taken any treatment. A sample picture is attached here with this query for your reference. Could...  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and symptoms my diagnosis is folliculitis of scrotum which is nothing but infection of the hair follicle.First we should rule out whether you are a diabetic or not. For that get a blood sugar test don...  Read Full »

Will Cetirizine help reduce the itching in my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I took Norflox-TZ in the morning for loose motions but, in the afternoon my penis started itching.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Firstly, one should not take antibiotics for ordinary loose motions unless the diarrhea is infective. Itching in the penis could be allergic but, it should be associated with itching in the other parts of the body. I suggest you take Levoc...  Read Full »

I have itching on the testicles and white rashes on the top end of my penis. What it could be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have itching on the left side of my testicle and also two white rashes on the top end of my penis. What are they?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, attach some photo of the area where you are having itching so that it is easy to diagnose the condition and provide an effective treatment. From your description, it could be either scrotal dermatitis or a fungal infection. For more information consult a derm...  Read Full »

How to treat a red dry skin on the scrotum?
Query: Hi doctor, I found a red dry skin on my scrotum today. What is is? Is it dangerous? How can I treat it? I am still a virgin. I have attached the pictures of the dry skin.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like scrotal dermatitis. Try doing the following. If it is itching, I suggest you take tablet Teczine (Levocetirizine hydrochloride) 10 mg, once in the night for a month. Also, mix equa...  Read Full »

What medicine should i take to get relief from itchy scrotum?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I had severe itching on my scrotum for the last one month or so. This issue first began before three years and has been on and off since then. I have tried several combinations of medicines, including Itraconazole, Terbinafine, Levocetirizine, etc., but only wit...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have just explained about your problem of severe itching in the scrotum. Do you have lesion or rashes or swelling of the skin or just itching? The treatment you are taking is for fungal. As you said you have itching on scrotum, fungal mainly involves groin area and...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Itching Near Scrotum? We have medical experts to help you right away.