Itching

Itching - a Common Symptom of Skin Disorder

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed various causes, types and management of itching. Read Article »

Pruritus (itching) is the predominant symptom of inflammatory skin disease. It lacks precise definition and can best be defined indirectly as a sensation that leads to a desire to scratch. Types of Itching: Tickle sensation, which is a more akin to touch. It is very transient and easily relieved ... Read Article »

Itching and Scabies

Article Overview: Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body. Read Article »

Dr. Rabia

What Is Itching? Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body. Itching can be caused due to many reasons. We divide itching into two types depending upon the duration, acute and chronic. What Are the Types of Itching? Acute Itching Acute itching ... Read Article »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching. Read Article »

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de ... Read Article »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intense itching as you describe mostly indicates a fungal infection. It is possible that you might be working in a hot environment or maybe sweating too much there along with wearing tight clothes. That prevents aeration of the area and promotes fungal growth. Try using...  Read Full »

I have itching on my foreskin. Will it recur frequently?

Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my foreskin. I observed creamy deposit behind the foreskin reappearing every day despite washing my penis by pulling foreskin. I feel very itchy on the penis when I pull back the foreskin for washing. Now I am using Cetaphil. This problem has occurred three times in la...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. From your history, it can be candidal balanitis. Do you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have itching on my arm and chest. What is it due to and what is the likely treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my right arm and chest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since when do you have this itching? Are you concerned about black nodular lesions over chest? On arm, there is no active skin lesion. Have you used any topical creams? Do you have acne o...  Read Full »

There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem. Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Does itching in eyes and headache mean glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly advise regarding glaucoma. I am having no serious complication in the body but having a problem in eyes like itching and sometimes feeling headache.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned and through your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the appearance of your optic discs is deviated from normal, as per the given photos and image, your eye pressure is 20 mmHg...  Read Full »

There is itching and irritation with red patches in the skin. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Few days before, my skin got irritated. I thought it was natural. Last night, just after washing my face with facewash, my skin got red patches in the morning and I have itching type sensation. It looks very awkward. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Irritation and itching on the face can be due to seborrheic dermatitis, polymorphous light eruption, irritant contact dermatitis, and many more. It would be easier for me to make a diagnosis if I see the picture. Can you please attach your clinical pictures of the face?...  Read Full »

I have itching and burning sensation on penis after sex. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,Twelve days ago I had protected sex with a girl I did not know after a night out. I showered that night maybe an hour afterward and used a perfume smelling body wash or shampoo. Whether it was in my head or actual, the next day I noticed an itchiness or rather a need to readjust my penis w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. Well, you need not worry about any STD or fungal infection or jock itch or even about herpes as your lesions are not active right now. There is only mild redness which could be remnant of balanitis or friction. At the moment no sig...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee