Itchy Eyes

What is causing eye itchiness and blurry vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a problem with my cornea. I had itchy eyes (due to hay fever) last week. During that time, I had a gritty feeling in my right eye which made me rub my eyes. It got really sore and small thread-like materials are coming out of my eye. I am scared if it is part of my corn...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Evaluation of your history indicates that you are having allergic conjunctivitis with probable involvement of cornea resulting in keratoconjunctivitis. The thread-like material coming out of the eyes indicate ropy discharge which is typically seen in allergic conjunc...  Read Full »

I have swollen eyelids that developed from itchy eyes. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a swollen eye around the eyelids that developed from itchy eyes and later had pain. The itchy eye with a dry dark patch around the outer part of the eyelids condition has been on and off for five months. Sometimes, teary and sometimes itchy and painful. It is mostly the right e...  Read Full »

Dr. Rasmi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Really, I read your query many times to define the problem. There is something. If they already diagnosed an allergic problem, then why did they give you Dermofix which is the treatment of fungal infection? For today, this problem of the eyelid may be an acute funga...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for blurry image, itchy eyes and headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having lots of trouble with my eyes lately. Reading glasses are not helping me. Everything has begun to get blurred. I have noticed that I have been rubbing my eyes a lot and I have been getting headaches. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, there are many causes of decreased vision and itching for which you need to rub your eyes. Please answer a few questions. Since how long you are using glasses? When you had your last refraction? Do you have any eye allergy, itching, watering or redness that get...  Read Full »

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Although you do not have pollens or any visible allergens in your area, your eye is already sensitized previously. Allergic conjunctivitis can trigger spontaneously. Reduce the sensitivity of the eye to such aller...  Read Full »

Recurrent nasal sinus congestion with thick mucous secretion. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Approximately one year ago, I began to have recurrent, once per month or few weeks approximately, left-sided sinus congestion. Though my nose was never stuffy, I could feel the congestion somewhere between my lower nasal passage and sinus. When I would go to clear this, it would take ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a decreased sense of smell or running nose or itchy eyes or watering of eyes or itchy nose? Do you have blocked sensation or choking feeling of the throat? Any soreness of throat or difficulty in swallowing? Your symptoms do sound like you have sinusitis...  Read Full »

Can pine tree pollen cause swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, The symptoms I have are bad cold or strep throat, itchy eyes and throat but no cough. I do not have tonsils, but seems like there is a whitish puffiness on one side of my throat. It started five days ago and it has been getting mildly worse since then. I have been loading up on f...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told that the symptoms started only after exposure to pine pollens, it is most likely that you are suffering from allergic rhinitis (seasonal). It usually presents with the typical symptoms as in your case. The best way is to prevent the exposure and stay a...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for sudden eye swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I have allergies and normally it presents with runny nose and itchy eyes. So, I have been rubbing my eyes. Today, there is a sudden onset of swelling of the eye. It keeps spreading from the left corner of my eye to below and above the orbital area of my left eye. I have red conjunctiva. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you mentioned it looks like acute allergic reaction. Continue the same medicines, Zyrtec (Cetirizine) twice a day and Prednisolone eye drops 2 hourly. It will resolve in a ...  Read Full »

How can I cure myself from fur allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite allergic to dogs, cats, and pretty much anything with fur, which exacerbated my asthma, sneezing, and itchy eyes. I am hoping to get a job at home health, but many people have dogs and cats. Is there anything that could be done for me to enable to work in home health? Furtherm...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is your allergy based on your assessment or has any allergy testing been done? The best way to prevent allergy is to avoid the requisite allergens altogether. We even suggest a change of profession and change of place to our patients. In that case, I feel you should not b...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Levocetirizine daily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from allergy. I used to have runny nose, cough, difficulty in breathing when allergy increases and also occasional watery itchy eyes. I am not able to eat curd, citrus fruits and I cannot live in cold weather. Usually the allergy will start with sneezing, runny nose and the...  Read Full »

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have seasonal allergies may be due to dust, pollens, pets, etc. So, the best solution is to first find out the cause of allergy and to take preventive measures. Cetirizine can be taken but only for short durations. Gradually stop Cetirizine. You can...  Read Full »

I have ear pain, head pain, clogged nose and itchy throat. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have episodes of bad sinuses every year. Last year, I had hay fever with an extreme blocked nose. I went to my GP, and he gave me sinus injection. I got better after treating it. The doctor prescribed Allerway 5, and Spersallerg eye drops for me. This year, my condition seems to be poo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an acute attack of bacterial infection along with allergic rhinitis. You can take the following medications. Use Avamyse nasal spray (Fluticasone furoate nasal spray) once daily for a month. Take Claritin (Loratadine) tablet once daily during the ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.