Itchy Scalp

Related Terms: Itching, Levocetirizine, Dandruff, Ketoconazole, Fungal Infection, Scalp Psoriasis, Anti-dandruff Shampoo

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your photos (attachments removed to protect patient identity). It is better you go for haircut and shave or trim beard. It may be due to folliculitis or fungal infection by the description. You can get it examined by a doctor or dermatologist for physic...  Read Full »

What can cause itchy scalp and tiny white balls all over the head?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cur...  Read Full »
Dr. Avina Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Please help me with my itchy scalp.
Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema). I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?
Query: Hi doctor, Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bough...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting Fusidic acid in lotion form is difficult. You can use the Fucidin cream for the boils on the scalp.For scalp folliculitis, I suggest you try Betadine AD shampoo twice a week.For facial dryness, I suggest using Cetaphil moisturizer or Epitheliale AH cream (Sodium h...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal infection and is ...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for hair loss?
Query: Hello mam, I am 22 years old and I am experiencing hair loss for more than eight years. Every time, I shampoo my hair, I would lose 50 to 100 strands of hair. I have an oily, itchy scalp and to some point, my scalp is visible (not completely bald) and my hair density has also reduced. I wash my hai...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should take Minoxidil at least for six months. If there is dandruff, it should be treated with antifungal shampoo. The normal shedding per day is 35 to 45 hairs. Of course, hair can grow again but healthy diet alone will not be enough. Send me a photo or visi...  Read Full »

Is my hair fall due to shampooing daily and dandruff?
Query: Hello doctor,I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told, you have a dandruff problem and oily scalp that is seborrheic dermatitis which can be mild or can be severe. And yes hair can fall due to dandruff problem. I will suggest a few things for this. For proper hair growth ensure proper diet with Vitamins...  Read Full »

What are the benefits of ginger for hair growth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a few doubts regarding the herbal remedies of hair. What are the benefits of ginger for hair that has gotten thinner? What exactly in ginger can help boost hair growth and how does it work? What are the advantages of mixing olive oil with ginger for thinning hair? Is there anythi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair. Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium. These h...  Read Full »

Kindly provide a solution for my hair fall and dandruff.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I am facing severe hair fall issue. My hair becomes very thin and consist dandruff and white flakes. I have used Candid-B lotion, but need some other solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send image and revert back to see the extent of involvement. Do you suffer from scalp itching? I suggest Sebamed anti-dandruff shampoo (Piroctone Olamine) or Salisia KT shampoo (Salicylic acid) twice a week for a month. Tablet Adgain (Biotin) once daily for two mo...  Read Full »

Is family history a risk factor for ovarian cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, Two days before I got my periods and I started having sudden, sharp stabbing pain in my right ovary. These pains would slowly subside, although I could always feel a small sensation in the same spot, until it flare up again. It seemed to be agitated by the movement. I stay perfectly still...  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your worry. Yes, family history of ovarian cancer from maternal side is no doubt a great risk factor and no age is safe. A type of ovarian cancer (germ cell variety) can happen in your age group. Now, the pain you described could be for many reasons. You ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Itchy Scalp? We have medical experts to help you right away.