Ivf

Related Terms: In Vitro Fertilization, Iui, Infertility Treatment, Icsi, Intra Uterine Insemination, Fallopian Tube Block, Infertility

What can be done for canceled IVF due to empty egg syndrome?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old. I have no medical history except TSH a bit high around 7, on Thyronorm 25 mcg. My AMH is 0.7, hormones are all normal, HSG test shows patent tubes and husband sperm normal except little high liquefaction time around 335 minutes. Got IVF cycle agonist technique done b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) levels are very low indicating poor ovarian reserve and a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) of 7 at 25 mcg Thyroxine is still high. It should be less than 4 ideally to support folliculogenesis and ovulation. As IVF (in-vitro fertili...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get IVF done in a patient with endometriosis?
Query: Hello doctor, Husband is 39 and wife is 38. Married for the past 11 years. Late pregnancy planning. Open myomectomy, right ovarian cystectomy, and adhesiolysis were done three years back. Conceived normally two years back with low AMH 1.34. CS a year back. Congenital heart disease - aortic stenosis...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keeping your history in mind, it is suggested that possible endometriosis or PID which can be the cause of raised CA125 should be ruled out with a diagnostic laparoscopy and peritoneal lavage for culture and possible malignant cells (if any, ovarian). This is mandato...  Read Full »

What are my options after failed IVF?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old married female. I got married five years back and we have no child. I started my fertility treatment four years ago. At first, I was treated for ectopic pregnancy and my right fallopian tube was removed. Again, I was diagnosed with tuberculosis and was treated for s...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is a blockage in the fallopian tube, IVF (invitro fertilization - a manual process of fertilization of the egg and the sperm in a laboratory) is the only option. Ideally, the ovum should be healthy in such cases, unless there is an association of PCOS (polycyst...  Read Full »

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Article Overview: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha
Infertility Specialist

Overview of IVF In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus. T ...  Read Article »

Fourth ultrasound after IVF has no signs of fetal pole.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my pregnancy and my IVF transfer. I had an ultrasound five days back with my IVF doctor. They are calculating my pregnancy at seven weeks. I had a five-day embryo transfer last month and found out that I am pregnant. However, after my fourth ultrasound yesterday...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems it was anembryonic pregnancy means the sac was formed but without a fetal pole. Sac is not growing inside to have a fetal pole and gradually towards further stages of pregnancy even after hormonal support. It is a bit depressing but if you want to wait for some...  Read Full »

Why am I having IVF failure even though there are good stimulation and embryo production?
Query: Hello doctor, Repeated IVF failure. I would just like an independent opinion, I am 34 years old and already had four failed IVF's. Not once was there a positive pregnancy test. I am healthy, gave birth to a healthy baby boy eight years back with my first husband who sadly passed on a few years ago....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely empathize with you and understand your concerns here. The primary step where, in your case, things could have gone wrong is the stage of implantation over a non-receptive endometrium of the uterus when a top grade blastocyst is being transferred and each...  Read Full »

Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if the ovarian stimulation for IVF can be started on the fifth day of the menstruation or is it too late? My doctor said I should start the medication for ovarian stimulation on the fifth day of the menstruation because of her schedule but normally I used to start...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely start the ovulation induction within the first five days of periods. The principle behind this is that the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) starts to rise from the second day of the period and by the fifth day, the follicles to be recruited th...  Read Full »

Why am I having recurrent IVF failures?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had three IVF failures. Latest failure -four embryos transferred, two -day 3, two -day 5 (blastocyst with array), negative beta hCG. I want to know the reason for the failure.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you had an IVF failure. The causes can be many, right from immature poor quality egg fertilization, inadequate endometrialization, inadequate post embryo transfer medical support, previous endometriosis or any subsistent pelvic or vaginal infection or...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have successful IVF even after having multiple fibroids?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old, and I have a 2-year old daughter. I have been trying for another baby for more than a year. So I was told to go for IVF. I had an ultrasound recently, and there are multiple fibroids present. I am more worried regarding the submucosal fibroid measuring 1.8 × 1.7 ...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your gynecology and obstetrics report, drug history, and your recent scan report. Women's having small multiple seedling fibroids, which is not distorting the cavity, can bear pregnancy with precautions. Women's having big fibroids distorting the cavity a...  Read Full »

My wife is pregnant through IVF. Is Lonopin injection compulsory for her?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 3 months 3 days pregnant through IVF. Currently, she was prescribed to have the medication, which I have attached for your reference. Even after 3 months, they are forcing her to take Lonopin injection, which is very irritating, painful and give side effects like nausea. We ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she has a history of recurrent miscarriages or recurrent fetal deaths or repeated IVF failures, then Lonopin seems essential till at least 5 months. If not, then still I would say it is a prophylaxis to help avoid problems of miscarriage due to unknown immunological fa...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ivf? We have medical experts to help you right away.