Joint Pain

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Mri, Vitamin D, Osteoarthritis, Ice Pack, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Back Pain

Hip Joint Pain and Arthritis
Article Overview: This article gives a short description of hip joint pain due to arthritis.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

The hip joint is one of the major weight-bearing joints in the body. It is subjected to repetitive high stresses during daily activities. Anatomy: The hip joint is formed by the upper end of the thigh bone (femur) which is ball-shaped and cup-like bone called acetabulum. The ball-shaped head of th ...  Read Article »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?
Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate...  Read Full »

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton. If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out. If the above features are not pr...  Read Full »

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age
Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented.  Read Article »
Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article »

Why am I having joint pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the joints.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have not mentioned which joints are paining and whether you have swelling of joints also. Your vitamin D level is low (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so you need to start taking supplements for it (capsule Lumia 60k) onc...  Read Full »

I get joint pains, 3 to 4 times a month. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from joint pains from last two years. I get pain in fingers, palms, knee joints, heels, and soles. I consulted doctors few times, and they tell me to take Colchicine, Dolo, Myotop, and Nucoxia, whenever I get pain. But these days, I am getting the pain very frequently, lik...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be related to inflammatory arthritis. Your lab reports are not clear, please attach them again. Regards. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumato...  Read Full »

I have joint pain since delivery, especially in my hands. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 and since having my baby a year ago I am suffering from joint pain, especially in my wrists and fingers. I have pins and needles sensation at times and writing is becoming difficult. I just got my reports and have elevated CRP and low folate. Any idea what could be wrong?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have pain in the small joints of your body with an elevated CRP (C-reactive protein) level. I suggest you go for an investigation to rule out rheumatoid arthritis. Do anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) and RF (Rheumatoid factor)...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of recurrence of Still's disease?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old, male. Two years back I was diagnosed for Stills disease and treated with steroids. Then it was under control. Now for the last four months, I am having severe shoulder joint pain restricting my left-hand movements MRI done shows mild arthritis, frozen shoulder, etc....  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, Still's disease is only on clinical diagnosis present like intermittent fever, arthritis, and rash (not itching). Usually, there is no confirmatory test for this. Depending upon joint pain long lasting more than six weeks, with rash, pleurisy and body p...  Read Full »

My back and joint pain persists even after 2 years of cesarean. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I am a mother of a 2 year old boy. After cesarean delivery, I had back and joint pain problem. I thought that once I stop my breastfeeding my problem will resolve. But, it persists still. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need calcium supplements daily. You also need to be exposed to direct sunlight for quarter an hour three times a week before noon. Also, you need Vitamin B 12 supplements. It will take around three months of supplements to compensate the deficiencies caused by breastf...  Read Full »

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your symptoms are not related to thyroid issue. You could be having a viral infection. So, I suggest you to take tablet Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the me...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Joint Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.