Junk Food

Related Terms: Exercises, Reduce Weight, Yoga, Ayurveda Treatment, High Fibre Diet, Lifestyle Modification, Protein Rich Diet

Can high BP and worrisome lipid profile be due to junk food?
Query: Hi doctor, Few days back, I felt little dizzy and when checked my BP was quite high around 149/89. My recent lipid profile is also worrisome. What should I do now? I prefer eating junk food most of the time and dairy products like cheese and paneer more. I gained some weight now. I feel some slight...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My advice to you as per your complaints and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), Lifestyle modification which includes exercise of 30 minutes jogging or brisk walk every day or at least four days a week. Reduce weight. Reduce dairy products and ...  Read Full »

How to cure piles? Please suggest some medicines.
Query: Hi doctor, I have piles for the past two months. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sedentary lifestyle, eating oily and spicy junk foods, smoking and drinking habits are the common causes to have piles. It can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and lifestyle changes. Avoid eating spicy and fried junk foods. Do regular kapalbhati Mandhuka...  Read Full »

What if my ability to remember things is temporarily stunted?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question regarding memory. What if my ability to remember things is temporarily stunted? For example, if I eat too much junk food or go through depression, which I have heard inhibits memory recall, when I am back to normal, will the things I tried to remember be just as clea...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your question is very non-specific. Eating junk food does not cause memory problems. And in depression, it is not a true memory loss, but a state of false forgetfulness called pseudodementia. There is a term called transient global amnesia, which can occur due to many ca...  Read Full »

Fussy Eaters: How to Complete Their Nutritional Needs
Article Overview: Many parents face the issue of their toddler not wanting to eat nutritious food. Kids these days love having junk food and end up developing cavities. They might prefer unhealthy packed processed foods and other chips which are bad for health but might refuse to eat healthier alternatives. So, how to get them to eat healthy food?  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Child Health Specialist

Few tips might help your child develop a liking for healthy food - Incorporate Variety in Your Kid's Diet Kids do not like to eat the same foods daily. For example, if you give your child a bottle gourd every day, he might get bored of it and start developing a hatred towards that food. Introducin ...  Read Article »

I have poor digestion, bad appetite, and feel nauseous. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, and I am 155 cm tall and weigh 36 kg. I feel that my digestion is very slow from the past 13 years. I am often constipated, and my appetite is bad. I feel nauseous, burp a lot, and find it hard to digest sweet. I tried taking Rabeprazole and enzymes for this pr...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes of anorexia, heartburn, and dyspepsia are as follows: Eating spicy and fried junk foods.  Excessive smoking and drinking habits. Anxiety. Taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or Aspirin excessively. Consuming cold drinks.  Sometime...  Read Full »

Are pomegranate seeds bad for gallstones?
Query: Hello doctor, Are pomegranate seeds good or bad for gallstones?  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. In gallstones, you have to avoid oily, deep fried, spicy and junk food. Pomegranate seeds are not harmful in case of gallstones. Follow up after a month. For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask...  Read Full »

Top 5 Immune Boosting Foods for Kids
Article Overview: Children these days are prone to various infections like common cold and cough, fever and diarrhea due to improper eating patterns and consuming junk foods. Little are they aware of the unhygienic conditions under which they are prepared. Awareness about consuming foods that will boost their immunity is very important to prevent them from various illnesses. Good immunity is very important as it protects your child from various diseases and infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Pedodontist

Good immunity can be developed by eating the following food groups. Fruits And Vegetables Blue, purple and green colored fruits and vegetables contain a pigment called antioxidants which protect your child from various infections by strengthening their immune system. Encourage your kid to consume a ...  Read Article »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full »

Are there any natural ways to treat open pores and melasma?
Query: Hello doctor,I had flawless skin until I got pregnant with my fourth child. I now have enlarged pores on my cheeks and top of my lips. I have tried exfoliating and other procedures, but nothing seems to help. I also developed melasma, and I have to wear makeup to cover it. It is making my pores look...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Melasma and pores develop due to hormonal changes after pregnancy. It can also be due to consumption of oily and spicy fried junk foods. Sometimes, oral contraceptive pills and corticosteroids also cause those symptoms. Anxiety and stress can also cause melasma. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Junk Food? We have medical experts to help you right away.