Ketoconazole

Related Terms: Ketoconazole Shampoo, Dandruff, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Preventing Dandruff, Antifungal, Fungal Infection

Taking Ketoconazole for minor penile fracture, causing anxiety disorder, Is there any treatment?
Query: Dear Doctor, I had a minor penile fracture and the doctor recommended Ketoconazole to stop erection. But I am suffering from anxiety disorder and I have heard that one of the side effects of Ketoconazole is depression. Will this medicine add to my anxiety? Should I continue to take this medicine? P...  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ketoconazole is an anti fungal drug. It is used to treat various fungal infections. Your doctor might have prescribed this drug because it causes less interest in sex and so that the erection can be prevented because of the action of the drug. And yes, dep...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs thro...  Read Full »

Please help me with my itchy scalp.
Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema). I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some good shampoo for dandruff.
Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem of acute flaky dandruff and also itching in my hair. I have tried Topisal, Nizral and various other shampoos as well. However, there is no respite from dandruff. Please suggest me some good mediation as well as shampoo and oil. Currently I am under sugar and BP medica...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints. You should start with shampoo containing Salicylic acid and Ketoconazole. Use it every alternate day in the beginning. Once you notice improvement gradually taper it to twice weekly and then once weekly. Along with this apply Clotrimaz...  Read Full »

How do I control dandruff and hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having problem with dandruff. My scalp is oily. I am losing hair and I feel that I will become bald. I used Candid-TV, but it did not help. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For severe dandruff, you should take oral medicines apart from topical treatment. Consider taking tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for two weeks and apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole) on the affected scalp twice daily. As far as shampoo is concerned, ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a good cream for pityriasis versicolor?
Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin condition called pityriasis versicolor. My regular dermatologist prescribes a single dose of Fluconazole 450 mg and it recurs after a few weeks or months. Could you suggest something better to me like a skin cream?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. I suggest using topical Clotrimazole cream local application twice daily and use 2 % Ketoconazole shampoo applied once daily for three consecutive days per week till the clearance of lesions. Other oral antifungals in case of relapse are Ket...  Read Full »

I have non-itchy discolored patches on my back. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have got some pale discoloration patches on my back as can be seen in the attached picture. These started a few months back as point sized spots and slowly grown to present size. It is not itching or painful. I am from rural area. Please let me know the diagno...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from pityriasis versicolor (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a fungal infection due to malassezia furfur. Apply KZ cream (Ketoconazole) twice daily. Take tablet Nizoral 200 mg (Ketoconazole) once daily for 28 days. Apply Abzorb po...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for dandruff.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?  Read Full »
Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dandruff is formed due to oily scalp. If you are using oil for hair, please avoid it. Dandruff cannot be cured permanently. It can only be controlled. For now, use Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizral shampoo twice weekly for three weeks and thereafter once it is controlled, us...  Read Full »

I have hard lumps on my scalp that are red and white. What could they be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have these red and white hard lumps on my scalp. Some are not lumpy but, are just marks. Can you tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I have dandruff as well.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be pityriasis sicca. The diagnosis can be confirmed with a trichoscopy and skin biopsy. Consider the application of Onabet B lotion (Beclomethasone and Sertaconazole) at bed time over the scalp for 14 days. Use a shampoo that contains 2 % Ketoconazole to wash th...  Read Full »

How do I fade the acne marks without laser treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I have used Benzoyl peroxide gel for my acne and it has almost cleared. But, the acne left some red marks and blemishes on my cheek. I wanted to fade that redness on my skin. In the past, I used Epiduo gel. Please suggest me a product and guide me to remove that redness without laser ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is redness and some pus filled acne too (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use cleanser like Cetaphil to wash face. Apply either Retin-A gel (Tretinoin) or Benzoyl peroxide gel in night and Clindamycin gel in the morning. Use sunscreen like Shade lot...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ketoconazole? We have medical experts to help you right away.