Knee Pain

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Vitamin D, Ice Pack, Osteoarthritis, Diclofenac, Joint Pain, Hot Fomentation

Knee Pain in Young Adults (Chondromalacia Patella)
Article Overview: Knee pain in front of the knee in young people is becoming common. This article provides some educational material on causes of it, treatment and preventive methods.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

Introduction: The most common location of knee pain in young adults is at the front of the knee joint. The problem usually arises from patella (Knee cap bone) and surrounding soft tissue. Knee cap (Patella) is a small bone which lies in front of lower end of thigh bone (Femur). The back side of kn ...  Read Article »

Knee Pain in Young Adults
Article Overview: Knee pain is a common problem that affects both the young and the old. Understanding your knee is essential to avoid negligence and seek early care when needed. This article describes the causes of knee pain in young adults and the treatment for the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Saseendar S

Knee pain is a problem that can affect the young and the old alike. In the elderly, the knee pain is most likely due to wear and tear also called osteoarthritis or due to other chronic problems of the knee. In the younger more active age groups, knee pain is more commonly secondary to increased act ...  Read Article »

Knee Pain in Old Age - Osteoarthritis
Article Overview: Osteoarthritis is most common in elderly people. It is the commonest of all the conditions that affect the joints in particular. Here, I have discussed about OA in detail.  Read Article »
Dr. Mahavir Patil

Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic joint disorder in which there is progressive softening and disintegration of articular cartilage accompanied by new growth of bone at the joint margins and capsular fibrosis. Osteoarthritis may be asymmetrically or symmetrically distributed and often localized t ...  Read Article »

How can knee pain be prevented?
Query: Hello doctor, There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infe...  Read Full »

My arthritic knee pain has worsened and there is edema of feet as well. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am regularly taking 6 oz of warm water with half a slice of a medium-sized lemon and one medium spoon of honey right in the morning for the last 15 days. Whatever be the benefits, I find my arthritic knee pains have slightly increased along with edema of both feet and ankles and pa...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have mentioned that you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (AS) with osteoarthritis. But, you have not mentioned which DMARD (disease-modifying antirheumatic drug) you are taking. Anyways, I would suggest the following. NSAIDS (non-...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after wearing high heels. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my knees and around the ankles, since the last two weeks. It all started when I walked around in high-heeled shoes one day. After that, I got my periods and the pain got aggravated. The pain has decreased, but is still quite bad. Also, I recently went to get a Pap test done...  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unfortunate that you are suffering from knee pain and it got aggravated by periods. Any pain already present can get aggravated with menses. The best thing to do now is rest and avoiding straining the same muscles. I suggest you try hot foment...  Read Full »

Why is there knee pain in a football player?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, medically fit. I play football a lot. Recently, I started to have pain in my left knee, there is a pain when I sit on the ground (on bending) and I feel it is crusty when I try to open it. Also there is pain on resistance to movement.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Knee joint consists of two bones that are femur and tibia. In between these bones, a few structures are present which provide stability to the joint and make the joint strong....  Read Full »

I am getting knee pain even with a simple activity. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

I suspect my knee pain as calcium deficiency. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have been feeling pain in my left knee when I sit on the ground. When I get up it takes two minutes for the left knee to get normal and function without pain. I got a massage, but that did not work. Instead, my back started hurting slightly after that. Please advis...  Read Full »
Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not a calcium deficiency. Probably, it is prepatellar bursitis. The symptoms of calcium deficiency will not be confined to one knee and it is unusual in young persons. For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://w...  Read Full »

What can cause knee pain with swelling?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have knee pain in both the legs and it is paining alternatively for the past 1.5 years. Pain starts with swelling around the knee and stay for three to four hours and the pain will be at least once in one to two months. I feel like pinching with needle in the feet. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Senduran N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your complaints and also gone through the reports carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a preceding streptococcal A infection. I would like to know if you had any history of skin or throat infection left untreated or ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Knee Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.