Lactobacilli

Related Terms: Probiotics, Diarrhea, Ibs, Gastroenteritis, Oral Rehydration Salts, Ors, Pantoprazole

For how long do I have to take Sporlac for IBS?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS for past one month. I have been taking Sporlac tablet from last 10 days. If I stop taking Sporlac I am suffering from heavy constipation. For how long I have to take Sporlac?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sporlac contains lactobacillus and can be prescribed for 10 to 14 days. But duration is decided according to the need of it. Irritable bowel syndrome is functional bowel problem and stress is related to it. So, try to avoid stress if you are taking. Yoga, meditation ...  Read Full »

Why do I have disturbed bowel movements after having curd?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I feel like I have some digestion issue with curd. Whenever I have curd, I had to visit bathroom frequently. Yesterday afternoon I had curd rice along with boiled chicken after having mutton. Since then I using bathroom frequently, but had a kind of constipation eff...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are intolerant to curd. Generally, curd contains lactobacilli which are normal commensals of intestine. But in your case, curd is acting as an allergen releasing histamine. So, you have to avoid it. Since, you are tolerant to other milk products; y...  Read Full »

For how long can probiotics be taken in abdominal problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from health problems for the last 10 years, mainly abdominal problem (excessive gas) and mood swings. Actually, I had taken two terms of nine months Rifampicin. After that, the digestion problem and mood swings continued. A lot of tests were done in different big hospit...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, you have irritable bowel syndrome. Darolac (Lactobacillus) is a good treatment which helps replace disturbed gut flora.It is safe OTC medication, with a maintenance dose of one capsule per day. You can increase it...  Read Full »

Is my bad breath due to the fever medications I took?
Query: Hello doctor, I have severe bad breath problem after taking fever medications for a week. Does it come from my stomach? Please help me, as I am embarrassed.  Read Full »
Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bad breath is due to the destruction of good bacteria in the intestine by antibiotics. I suggest you try probiotics, such as Lactobacilli, thrice daily for two weeks. You will feel better.  Read Full »

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.
Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems are not too worrisome. It can happen normally as well. I suggest you take the following medicines: Albendazole tablet 400 mg (for worms). Lactobacillus granules (Vizylac or Darolac) daily once for a week. Increase the intake of leafy vegetables, peas, bea...  Read Full »

Tablet Loperamide has reduced my diarrhea
Query: Hello doctor, I had 3 rotis in a highway hotel, with curry and raitha. After 1 hour, I got loose motion. I took tablet Eldoper (Loperamide), one tablet. I felt better then. After about 2 hours, I again had loose motion (lesser than the earlier time). I also felt it was a little restricted than the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got traveler's diarrhea. Start taking tablet Ciplox TZ 500mg (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole) one tablet two times a day for 4 days, after meals. Also take capsule Darolac (lactobacillus) one capsule two times a day, after meals for 4 days. Stop taking tablet Lope...  Read Full »

Can you suggest medicines for loose motion?
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from loose motion since two days. Please suggest me medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Geethu Thomas
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get a stool microscopy and stool culture test done at the earliest. If diarrhea is uncontrolled, I suggest you take a dose of Loperamide 2 mg and Probiotics (contains lactobacillus) like Bifilac, twice a day, till diarrhea improves. Also take a Ciprofloxacin a...  Read Full »

Is a biofilm responsible for recurrent vaginosis in me?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from bacterial vaginosis for around seven years now and I have tried absolutely everything, nothing seems to be working. I have been prescribed multiple antibiotics and they only work whilst I am taking them and after that, the infection comes right back. After doin...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Biofilms are sticking of bacteria or infection that remains in the wall of the vagina and cause recurrence of infection. Vagina has its specific pH and it is maintained by bacteria lactobacilli that are normal flora of the vagina. Disbalance of pH occurring by this bact...  Read Full »

Please suggest a tablet for loose stools that is safe to use when trying to conceive.
Query: Hi doctor, I ovulated on day-14 and the follicle size was 24 on day-13. I had intercourse with my hubby during the fertile days. From day-15, I have very loose stools. I took one Eldoper tablet on day-15, and was alright, but it started again on the next day. I feel really tired and have no inter...  Read Full »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned whether you are taking any medications to conceive or if you are under stress. I suggest you try taking Dependal-M (Metronidazole) thrice a day for one or two days, with Nutrolin-B (Niacinamide and Lactobacillus) capsule. Consult your specialist...  Read Full »

Is it true that there is no cure for functional dyspepsia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, I have a constant and mild abdominal pain whole day, especially in the morning. I feel heavy all day long, but still, have an urge to eat. I fart and belch more than usual and have a foul smell. I have a sense of indigestion in my stomach all day long. I defecate...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you are not sick, and you do not have any disease. Your symptoms are because of your disturbed gastrointestinal flora, and our intestine contains a lot of bacteria, some of them are good, and some of them are bad. Good bacteria like lactobacillus helps in proper...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lactobacilli? We have medical experts to help you right away.