Medical Advice on "Laser"

... laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy ... … View thread »

It comes under the broad category of esthetic surgeries and has come a long way since its conception. In this article, I try my best to answer the commonly asked questions from patients interested in refractive surgery … View thread »

The laser is a safe, painless and permanent method to get rid of unwanted hairs. It is called laser hair reduction to be more precise. Let me explain to you how this laser works: When the laser is passed through the skin, it targets melanocyte (pigment-producing … View thread »

I went through your query. Dry eye syndrome also called as sicca syndrome is due to the inability of the tear glands to produce enough tears. It is sometimes associated with dry mouth and positive antibodies like anti-Ro and anti-La, in which case, it is called … View thread »

I understand your problem but do not be depressed, because everybody has to pass this phase of vitreous floaters. Some have it early due to myopia, and some have it in old age. These are definitely bothering, but it should settle and will take their own time. There is … View thread »

For acne, in your age group, it is always important to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). To find that out, you need to tell me whether you have irregular periods. How many days does your period date shift from the expected date? Do you get any hair … View thread »

For piles (hemorrhoids) the treatment depends on its grade which is assessed well by the surgeon on clinical examination. For grade one - those which bleed without coming out (prolapse) you need only medicines. For grade two or above you need surgery. The standard … View thread »

I have read your query and understand your concern. There are laser combs, which claim hair regrowth. They claim to be effective in treating hair loss problem. These are low-intensity laser devices that claim to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle. There are only … View thread »

I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern … View thread »

... have discussed about the commonly used lasers in dermatology and also their advantages and disadvantages ... … View thread »

Do you have a question on Laser? We have medical experts to help you right away.