Laser Eye Surgery

LASER eye surgery: Basic Guide to Eyesight Correction

Article Overview: Refractive surgery is one of the fastest evolving areas in medical technology. It comes under the broad category of esthetic surgeries and has come a long way since its conception. In this article, I try my best to answer the commonly asked questions from patients interested in refractive surgery. Read Article »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Refractive surgery is one of the fastest evolving areas in medical technology. It is opted by patients to correct their eyesight problems. The main reason it has become so popular these days is better post-operative results that we can expect to get from these procedures, which we could not have a f ... Read Article »

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full »

Will masturbating on next day of laser eye surgery cause any side-effect?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother had an eye trauma. So, he had laser surgery for retina after two months of trauma. But he masturbated the next day of laser surgery (after 19 hours). Will that cause any problem to his retina or retinal nerve? Will it increase intraocular pressure? Please give a detailed an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation will not have any adverse effect on laser treatment of retina or retina. There may be a minimal increase of intraocular pressure with masturbation but that must be non-significant. Kindly share the file to guide you better.  Read Full »

Is it alright to have sex three days after a laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pan-retinal photocoagulation laser (PRP laser) in my retina about three or four days ago. Can I have sexual intercourse after this treatment or is it safer to wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can involve in sexual activities. This particular laser treatment has no relation with intercourse. I hope this helps. Regards. For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologis...  Read Full »

My eye power is high. Please guide me with any solution.

Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is very high. re sph 4.25 cycl 4.75 axis 180. le sph 5.25 cycl 3.50 axis is 10. Weight 60 kg, Age 19 years, male, height 6 feet, vegetarian. Guide me with any solution.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 19 years old, we need to see whether your power has stabilised. If so, we can reduce your refractive power either through LASIK (laser eye surgery/laser vision correction) or through ICL implantation (Implantable Collamer Lens), based on your eye's fitness ...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes feel tired and dry?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I was submitted to myopia correction surgery (LASEK) some eight months ago. The surgery was successful and the ophthalmologist said my vision was at 100%. Before that, I had used glasses since I was 12 for myopia and astigmatism. My myopia kept evolving and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three reasons for your dry eyes. Your continuous work at computers known as computer vision syndrome. LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery can cause dry eyes. Tablet Sertraline can cause dry eye ...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for myopia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a congenital squint problem. Till 12 to 13 years of age, my eyesight was good. Then, I developed myopia. It is mainly because of television. Now, I am 21 years old and have power glasses of -3.5. Is there any permanent solution for my condition? Please explain even if it is a surg...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If you are not interested in glasses, then you can try contact lens or LASIK (a laser eye surgery). As your age is 21, your number will not increase further. Whether you wear glasses or not,...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, What is the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IntraLasik is a method in which the corneal flap is taken by laser. In regular Lasik, the corneal flap is taken by a mechanical device which has a metal blade. The rest of the procedures are the same. Contoura vision is a personalized Lasik in which the laser correction...  Read Full »

Am I a suitable candidate for bladeless technique LASIK surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am interested in LASIK laser. My eye side number is R = - 1.75 and L = -2.25. My cornea focus is 590 590. Please advise me a little bit about what to do about customise Vs. bladeless technique surgery.  Read Full »

Dr. Gargi M Apte

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is a good decision to go for LASIK as your refractive power and corneal thickness is within requirement, ideally, both eye numbers should be same for LASIK but you may ask your LASIK surgeon regarding this. Also, I prefer bladeless LASIK, that is femtosec...  Read Full »

Which is best between SMILE and Contoura Vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to get a spectacles removal surgery but because of a thin cornea, I cannot have LASIK. So, the doctor suggested SMILE. But now I have read some disadvantages of SMILE. There is one more called Contoura Vision which is considered to be the best. Can you please guide me that with...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Each procedure has its own pros and cons. SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) is a good technique with good results. I did in many patients and the result was very nice. It does not correct any imperfections of the cornea which can be done by the Contoura v...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee