Left Sided Chest Pain

Related Terms: Chest Pain, ECG, Acid Reflux, Echocardiogram, Heart Attack, Aspirin, Chest X- Ray

Left Sided Chest Pain: Never Neglect It
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, "one should never neglect a chest pain that too left sided".  Read Article »
Dr. Divakara P

These days we have been coming across lot of patients with heart attack. Obviously the main reason for this is the bad lifestyle and bad work culture where there is no scope or time for physical exercise. Even the diet of people is not healthy these days. This has resulted in significant increase in ...  Read Article »

Is my left-sided chest pain due to acidity or heart block?
Query: Hello doctor,I have borderline high cholesterol for five to six years. My blood tests like homocysteine and troponin-I were normal before three to four months.Since last week, I have left sided mild pain usually assumed by me as associated with gas and acidity. More often, I observed that whenever I...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). An angiogram is not required. Serum uric acid, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides are high. Vitamin D3 is borderline. Please take Fibator LS (Fenofibrate and Atorvastatin) once a day at n...  Read Full »

I have a left-sided chest pain and shortness of breath. Is this something serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a potential blood clot but, a chest CT came back clear. I still have chest pain and upper back pain as well as shortness of breath. What could this be? They said it was potentially a muscular or skeletal pain but, I get pain on the left side especially. They suggested pain killer...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Any chest pain that increases with body movements such as coughing, sneezing, or picking up an object is not from the heart and is usually from the muscles surrounding the chest wall or sometimes the outer covering of the lung called pleura. ...  Read Full »

What can cause left-sided chest pain while breathing?
Query: Hi doctor, Every time when I breathe, my left side hurts. It also hurts when I take a deep breath too. I do not smoke. What could be the problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Yashas Saipangallu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following details before proceeding into diagnosis and management of your illness. What is your age? Do you have cough/ cold/ breathlessness? Where is the exact location of pain? Does it radiate to your left shoulder? When did this symptom start?...  Read Full »

I have sudden onset left-sided chest pain. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I have started experiencing sudden onset chest pain on the left side as well as pain in my left shoulder blade. The pain has been constant for the last hour. What should be done?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The left-sided chest pain, as well as shoulder blade pain, suggests a possibility of pericarditis. Does it worsen on inspiration? If so, it could suggest some pleuropericardial inflammation, that is inflammation of the covering of the lungs and the heart. I suggest yo...  Read Full »

What could this sharp acute left-sided chest pain be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have an acute sharp pain in my left chest under my nipple not in the middle at all. It feels like a tight constricting pain. I took Asprin three hours ago. The pain comes and goes occasionally and it goes to the left shoulder. It feels very localised. So, I am putting pressure on the ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this increase in deep breathing? How long does it persist? Is it for a few seconds or minutes? Sharp pain and short-lived pain is less likely to be a cardiac pain. Cardiac pain is usually retrosternal, persistent, increases on exertion and relieves with rest, a...  Read Full »

I have mild and irritating left-sided chest pain. What is the cause?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain on the left side of my chest from the last 2 to 3 days. I am not sure, but it seems a muscular pain because whenever I am moving my neck in a particular way or when I press my collar bone, the pain is more. I have a clerical job, and I have to sit a lot in front of th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history and facts, it appears to be a non-cardiac pain. Also, you had similar pain in the past, and it was non-cardiac, so I think there is no need to worry. Also, the cardiac pain will not worsen on movements or application of pressure, so in all probabilitie...  Read Full »

What best can be done for left-sided chest pain due to pneumonia?
Query: Hello doctor, Suddenly, chest pain occurred on the left-hand side three weeks ago. The doctor diagnosed with lung infection and pneumonia. The pain spreads on the right-hand side, but it is mostly on the left-hand side. Now recovery is very slow though I am having a lot of medicines and water. I ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Abaranam
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you have completed the antibiotic course then continue the follow-up medicines. The blood tests are normal. Comparing both the X-rays, the recent one has a lot of improvement. Defini...  Read Full »

I am still tired one week after an episode of left-sided chest pain. Do I need few more tests?
Query: Hi doctor,Last week at 4 AM, I had an ache and pain on the left side of my chest. My whole body was shivering. I waited for 30 to 40 minutes and then went to the hosptial. The doctor did a checkup and all the reports came back normal. The ache lasted the whole day and by evening the pain subsided by...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I  have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your ECG is not normal. There are significant Q waves in the left precordial leads and inferior leads, which can be an indicator of heart attack. I suggest doing a 2D echo test to rule out hea...  Read Full »

I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain.Please help.
Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Left Sided Chest Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.