Leg Pain

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Back Pain, Pregabalin, Nerve Compression, Mri Spine, Mri, Diclofenac

I have leg pain which moves around. Is it osteoarthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left leg which moves around. First in my knee, then in the lower leg, upper leg, etc. I previously had pain in my left arm. An urgent care doctor told me it was osteoarthritis. An X-ray of my knee was done. I was prescribed an anti-inflammation medication.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osteoarthritis is a possibility. However, it is associated with pain and swelling of the knee joint and pain is predominantly while walking, especially going upstairs. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) may help. However, physiotherapy and weight reductio...  Read Full »

What does leg pain and larger clumps of fat around knees and joints mean?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife aged 55 years is suffering from arthritis I believe. She has leg pain for the past five years. She has larger clumps of fat around knees and joints and looks heavily obsessive. The recent health checkup results say that she is vitamin D deficient (6.6 nl/ml) and B12 deficient ...  Read Full »
Dr. Tanvi Mayur Patel
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw her report and photos both (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her weight has to be reduced which can be done through some exercise. Try doing that as much as she can. Her body weight is causing main problems. For her pain, she can take tablet E...  Read Full »

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full »
Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
Pain Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To tell you the truth, I need more information or examine the patient to come to an accurate diagnosis. Differential diagnosis includes vascular problems for which we can consider a venous/arterial doppler. Probable diagnosis is a pregnancy-related lumbar strain wh...  Read Full »

Why does my leg pain even after walking short distances?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and my leg pains while walking. Can I please know what is the reason behind this? This problem started nine years ago. But, now my leg pains after walking even 20 to 30 meters. I am currently on Thyroxine 50 mg. I have had a Doppler ultrasound. Please help.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of leg pain. The most common is degenerative lumbar disc disease with radiculopathy due to compression of nerve root especially if the pain is only on one leg. The other causes are vitamin D and B deficiency especially if the pain is on both s...  Read Full »

Is my mother's leg pain sciatica or something else?
Query: Hello doctor, My 49 year old mother has a severe (sciatica-like) leg pain. There is also pain below the knee and at the back of the leg. The pain is an extreme burning sensation kind of pain. It sometimes moves to the hips. The pain increases when she sits or tries to walk. She is taking a pain ki...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A sciatica-like pain can respond to physiotherapy and rehabilitative exercises. I suggest she try tablet Lyrica (Pregabalin) 75 mg at night. It is a little expensive one, but a good medicine. The other option is to take tablet Pregaba-M (a combination of Pregabalin and...  Read Full »

I have severe leg pain from the last six months. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, Since the last six months, I suddenly developed severe pain in both the legs. It arises from the thigh, goes to the calf, and finally reaches the heel. I am unable to go up the stairs or use the Indian style toilets.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I feel that you have patellofemoral compression pain, which gets worse on going up and down stairs. After a period of rest, you may feel severe pain in the the knees, but as you walk the pain will ease. I suggest the following: Take Voveran SR (D...  Read Full »

What is causing my leg pain - dropped bladder or sciatica?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a dropped bladder that could be causing a lot of pain in my left leg but then I have sciatica as well. The lower parts of my legs have a stinging and pain feeling quite often. I have been to the gynecologist and was told that there is no connection to the two according to them. W...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I agree with your physician that your bladder issue has no relation to your pain in legs. Most likely it is due to sciatica. Management of sciatica includes weight reduction, local painkiller creams, vitamin b12, pregabalin tablets, and ...  Read Full »

Why do I have leg pain when I stop taking vitamin D3 supplements?
Query: Hello doctor, It all started with leg pain some two years ago. At that time my vitamin D3 level was only 8. Then, I took Uprise-D3 60000 weekly dose for two months. I was cured and fine. But after six months, the problem started again. I did my blood tests again and it...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you have myalgia. I suggest that you take Tablet vitamin D 5000 IU (international units) once daily. Tablet A to Z (Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc, Folic acid, Methylcobalamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vit...  Read Full »

I have loss of appetite, leg pain, and gastritis. Please help me.
Query: Hello doctor, I have many problems, mainly loss of appetite, leg pain, and gastritis. HIV and hepatitis A, B, and C are negative. Colonoscopy was normal. I am depressed. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need the following details first to help you better: How is your sleep? Any associated headaches? Any vomitings? How is your stool? What medicines have you tried? Revert with details for a better help. Revert with more information to a medical gastroenterologist onli...  Read Full »

Kindly advise the treatment for leg pain and soft tissue injury.
Query: Hi doctor, Before 20 days, I went to a party, got drunk and met with a fall. My leg started paining from the next day. I could not walk without it hurting. I went to A and E and they said it was just a soft tissue injury. Still now, I am having pain and not able to bend it properly or fully extend ...  Read Full »
Dr. Arti Sharma
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your pain and concern. It is possible that you have suffered a muscle sprain. I advise you to try RICE approach (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for it. Rest the sprained part for at least 48 to 72 hours completely. Do not use it. Apply ice wrapped in ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Leg Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.