Levothyroxine

Related Terms: Hypothyroidism, Tsh Level, Thyroid Problem, T3 And T4 Levels, Thyroid Function Test, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hypothyroidism Symptoms

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if I can take Levothyroxine along with MAO inhibitor? Also, I have taken Etizolam for a sleep disorder, how long do I need to wait before I can take MAO inhibitor?  Read Full »
Dr. Amritagarwal
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take Levothyroxine with MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor. The list of contraindicated drugs is as follows. Amphetamines. Cocaine. MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine). Opiates. Barbiturates. Decongestants and allergy medications. Diet pills...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 10 years ago. I have been on Levothyroxine, and current dose is 125 mcg. During that time I have been hospitalized four times because of heart palpitations. Even though I am on medicine I still have coarse hair, hair loss, weight gain, puffy face, hoarse...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you are having very good thyroid function test results. I would not recommend that you change the form of Thyroxine at any cost. Regarding your hair, face and constipation I understand it is hard h...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I got my lab results recently. I have an appointment with the thyroid doctor in a week. I am afraid of going to the ER plus I have muscle spasms, body jerks, and confusion. Two days ago, I took a double levothyroxine dose of 125 mcg. Yesterday, I added 5 mcg synthetic T3, ma...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism. I suggest that you take tablet Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily keeping in mind your age and based on your weight and lab results. Consult your specialist doct...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I was switched to Nature-Throid. Within nine days, I had a severe reaction. It caused panic attacks at night, waking up in sweat and insomnia. Then, my naturopath took me off and said to go back to my Levothyroxine. I take 88 mcg daily and 25 mcg once a week. I just realized that I forgo...  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you are off nature thyroid. Its responses are unpredictable and reactions are common. Levothyroxine is the best and the safest. It is good that you are back on Levothyroxine. I think you should just continue 88 mcg of Levothyroxine daily in the empty stoma...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35-year-old female and I have a history of Grave's disease, treated with radioactive iodine 15 years ago and have been on Levothyroxine ever since. I have symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism and my medication has been increased several times in the past due to high TSH...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One of the most common complications of radioactive iodine therapy is hypothyroidism. I suggest that you increase the dose to 150 mcg. Some patients may require up to 300 mcg so do not worry about the dose. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her an...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a thyroid test three years back, and my levels were 7.043 U/mL, so I was put on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. After experiencing some side effects from the Synthroid drug, I discussed alternatives with an endocrinologist. He advised me to stop my medication and retest afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Levothyroxine is one of the safest medicine with as good as no side effects. Earlier you had subclinical hypothyroidism. But, now it has progressed to overt hypothyroidism. You can still wait for another four weeks and repeat the test if it is more than 10 U/mL, you ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 2.5 months pregnant. She is 29 years old, weighs 46.2 kg and is 4.10 feet tall. She has subclinical hypothyroidism, and her TSH is 12.7. She takes Thyronorm 75 mcg. Recently, we tested her TSH, which was 10.5 and total thyroxine (T4) is 12.4 (reference value is 4.5 to 12). Do ...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What dose was she taking Thyronorm (Levothyroxine) before? When was the dosage altered last? If the dosage was not reduced recently, that is, in the last 2 to 3 months, then the dose can be reduced to 62.5 mcg daily. Repeat testing would be needed after 4 to 8 weeks of...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am having high blood pressure since my ER visit, five days back. I have been taking Tylenol, as per the ER discharge notes, and gradually getting worse since then. My blood pressure was 149/91 mmHg before, and now it is 154/91 mmHg after the visit. I keep having to catch deeper breaths ...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having hypothyroidism problem, for which you are taking Levothyroxine tablets. Some form of headaches and irritation can occur as a side effect of Levothyroxine. And in hypothyroidism weakness can occur. High blood pressure is contributing to the headaches. I s...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is 124.5, T3 - 3.16 and T4 - 45.6. My doctor advised me to take Thyroxine 100 mg tablet two times a day. I am taking that right now. Is Thyroxine enough to cure hypothyroidism? Do I need any other medical attention? But, I feel better now after taki...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypothyroidism means low thyroid hormone and you are taking Thyroxine (Levothyroxine) which is a thyroid hormone. You should take it in the right way that is early morning in empty stomach and do not take anything within two hours after that. Repeat the TSH (thyroid s...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am having thyroid issues of Hashimoto's type. Is it good for me to consume a nutritional shake for weight loss in my daily diet without stopping my thyroid hormone pills?  Read Full »
Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have said that you are taking 200 micrograms of Thyronorm (Levothyroxine) and your last TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was 0.01. You are going to a state called iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. I suggest you reduce the dose of Thyronorm. You can reduce by 25 micro...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Levothyroxine? We have medical experts to help you right away.