Lifestyle Modification

Related Terms: Exercises, Diet And Lifestyle, Hypertension, Reduce Weight, Obesity, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes

Lifestyle Modification for Sleep Disorders: An Effective Form of Non-pharmacological Treatment

Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, treating a sleep disorder by good sleep hygiene, or practicing good sleep habits is as effective as medicinal treatment with less chances of side effects .  Read Article »
Dr. Hitesh Sharma
Sleep Medicine Physician

A sleep disorder is a form of psychiatric disorder of the sleep patterns. The poor sleep quality can be either due to deficit in sleep i.e, insomnia or excessive sleep i.e, hypersomnia. Sleep Hygiene: Treating a sleep disorder by good sleep hygiene or practicing good sleep habits is ...  Read Article »

Lifestyle Modifications in Hypertensive Patients

Article Overview: This article discusses the simple lifestyle modifications to control your blood pressure levels  Read Article »
Dr. Rahul Rathee

Hypertension is defined as any of the following: Systolic pressure or upper value of blood pressure more than 140 mmHg. Diastolic pressure or lower value of blood pressure more than 90 mmHg. There is no substitute to drugs/medications to keep blood pressure levels under control in a hyper ...  Read Article »

Lifestyle Modification for Obesity

Article Overview: Obesity - the brand old term which is the main cause of all health issues world over. Here are some simple tips to control weight gain and being obese.  Read Article »
Dr. Indhupriyadharshini

Obesity has become the initial cause of all major health issues like cardiovascular, hypertension, diabetes, etc., which leads to other dangerous health issues. This obesity has now become a major epidemic in humans. So, how do we deal with this? We have three steps to change our life completely in ...  Read Article »

Lifestyle Modifications for Women's Health

Article Overview: This article talks about the healthy habits every busy woman should develop, to prevent diseases in the long run and be able to enjoy life to its fullest.  Read Article »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Fitness Expert

Women of today find it very difficult to juggle between their personal and professional life, especially if they are mothers. But, having two incomes at home has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Yes, it does feel very good to call oneself a working woman, but the working hours are takin ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 59 years old. My height is 5'8" and weight is 95 kg. I am not a diabetic or hypertensive. But, I have had anxiety attacks. My recent BP check showed 140/100 mmHg and the two follow up checks showed 160/100 mmHg and 140/100 mmHg. My doctor prescribed my Telma 20. I am also on Thyronor...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are aware of lifestyle modification for controlling BP. Medicines are not the only treatment for hypertension. Following lifestyle modifications can be tried. Reduce your weight to BMI (body mass index) less than 25. Decrease sal...  Read Full »

Non-Pharmacological Management of Hypertension

Article Overview: Lifestyle modification should be tried for three months before adding any anti-hypertensive medication in prehypertensive stage or borderline stage 1 hypertensive patients.  Read Article »
Dr. Rishu

Non-pharmacological management of hypertension is indicated in individuals who are prehypertensive. Prehypertension is systolic blood pressure between 120 to 139 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure between 80 to 89 mmHg. These patients should be tried with lifestyle modification for at least three mon ...  Read Article »

Article Overview: Through proper nutrition and lifestyle modifications, we can easily reduce the risk of many diseases and spend a long and healthy life.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Everyone wants a healthy life and strong body that may fight with infections and wear and tear phenomenon of life as age advances. Diet and nutrition is the vital part of our daily life. When we eat healthy, we definitely get our teeth and bones strengthened and the risks of diseases that ...  Read Article »

Excessive Throat Clearing should not be Neglected

Article Overview: This article discusses the lifestyle modifications to overcome Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease, a common cause for throat irritation  Read Article »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

If you are having frequent throat irritation that leads to excessive throat clearing with an occasional feeling of something stuck inside the throat, then you might have something called as Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease (LPRD). It may also be associated with dry cough and roughness of your voice ...  Read Article »

Simple Ways to Control Hypertension Naturally

Article Overview: This article tells how to control high blood pressure without any medicine with simple lifestyle modifications.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Following lifestyle modifications for blood pressure control are recommended: The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating pattern should be preferred. Reducing sodium intake. Reducing alcohol consumption. Exercising regularly. Losing weight. Smoking cessation. Stressbusters. ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female. I have PCOD. My doctor prescribed me Fertiplus tablets containing Myo-inositol and D-chiro inositol. But, I cannot afford it. Please suggest me a low-cost treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The easiest and cheapest way for you to get healthy is by lifestyle modification such as diet and exercise. Try losing weight. You need to lose 20 kg. Weight loss itself will improve the symptoms of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). Take Calcium tablet like She...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Lifestyle Modification? We have medical experts to help you right away.