Ligament Injury

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Osteoarthritis, Sports Injuries, Mri, Arthroscopy, Trauma And Fracture Management, Ice Pack

Please check MRI and suggest any possibility for cure of ligament injury in knee.
Query: Hello doctor,We have consulted a doctor after an accident. He suggested physiotherapy and after that only operation is possible. Also, not giving 100 % cure. I am coming here for a second opinion. Please check MRI and suggest any possibility for 100 % cure. The accident happened a month back.  Read Full »
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, as per MRI, it is totally a ligamentous injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no bony discontinuity. In that case, nothing is done acutely except early repair of the medial collateral ligament. His injury was almost one month...  Read Full »

How can I strengthen my ankles?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and play hockey 3 to 4 times a week. Three years ago, I sprained my right ankle (inversion), by jumping over a fence and landing on the outside of my ankle. I had never sprained my ankle before, so I did not understand the appropriate treatment and recovery. So, three days lat...  Read Full »
Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Giving a brief into the ligament injury which happens in the ankle. Usually, ankle injuries are ignored. Also, no proper rehabilitation is done for the same. So ankle becomes prone to injuries again and again. Let me put in this way. Ligaments do not heal as a soft t...  Read Full »

When can I start walking without any support after a PCL surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Five weeks before my PCL surgery was done using a screw which fixed my left knee PCL with the leg down bone patella. After four weeks, my doctor had recommended me to start walking with a well-weight and try to bend my leg to remove the freeze. After five weeks, my doctor has suggested m...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had a PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) injury five weeks back which was managed by a screw fixation. I have seen both your pre-operative MRI scan and a post-operative X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, you can continue with th...  Read Full »

Can I do pull ups again in my life after acromioclavicular joint separation?
Query: Hello doctor, I just had my acromioclavicular joint separation (grade 2 or 3), AC ligament torn. I am ready to accept the recovery time. My question is can I do pull ups again in my life? Or any permanent disability may occur?  Read Full »
Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sure the X-ray looks kind of AC joint separation due to the ligament injury. With the image, the injury looks between grade II or III. I will advise you to take the call for the MRI shoulder to focus on the AC joint. This will help us understand the extent of the lig...  Read Full »

Is Surgery The Only Option For Knee Buckling?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three day...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a cruciate ligament injury along with meniscal injury and you also have symptoms related to it. So, surgery is indicated in your case. It will not set...  Read Full »

How can I get cured from knee pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47-year-old male. Now, I have pain in my knee. I have taken a lot of painkillers to get relief from it. But it comes back again. I am unable to run fast. I cannot walk fast. I have numbness in my right leg. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For knee pain, you can investigate with an X-ray or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of the knee joint. If there is any ligament injury in the knee joint, then it will be seen in the X-ray or MRI scan. You can consult an orthopedic surgeon for an examination. For n...  Read Full »

I have a painful, swollen ankle following an injury. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, Before seven months, I sprained my ankle due to a track and field injury. I postponed crutches for a week due to a trip the following day, but went on crutches the next week. I never went to see a doctor. I just went through PT with my athletic trainer. I spent three weeks without rigorou...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned injury to the ankle region, which has been managed by you and your therapist. Essentially, if one is able to ambulate after an injury, this is usually a ligament injury and not involving the bones. But, in my opinion, x-ray of the involved region sho...  Read Full »

How can knee pain be prevented?
Query: Hello doctor, There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infe...  Read Full »

Do you think that my doctor's suggestion is right regarding my DVT and knee injury?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I met with an accident and the doctor diagnosed my knee with complete ACL tear and partial MCL injury. So, I started using a knee brace. Two days later, I took a long duration flight without taking any medication of thrombosis. However, I started taking Ibuprofen tablets (twice ...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to give replies to your queries accordingly. The issue is that you have a concomitant knee ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury for which a surgical procedure will be required as you ...  Read Full »

Following a fall, my thumb got swollen. How to cure it?
Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I fell and jammed my thumb into the floor. It instantly hurt and I knew I had sprained or jammed something. The next day, my palm and the thumb muscle were swollen with a painful lump. I could not grab or hold anything, but I can move it around. So, I know it did not break. It ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described that you can move it around, but is not bending properly that is there reduce range of movement at interphalangeal joint. Hopefully,  there is no major fracture. But, there could be some soft tissue injury or ligament injury or may be some small hair...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ligament Injury? We have medical experts to help you right away.