Lipoprotein

Related Terms: Ldl, Hdl, Control Cholesterol Level, Cholesterol, Exercises, Lifestyle Modification, Reduce Cholesterol, Rosuvastatin

Can high lipoprotein and hs-CRP cause cardiac problems?
Query: Hi doctor, I had high hs-CRP of 3.86 around 8 months back. I have got it rechecked and it has gone even higher to 5.36. I have attached the reports of blood test done a couple of days back. This blood test report includes other tests too apart from hs-CRP. I have previously been advised that high ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding the raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These biomarkers are predictors of future events. They tell you that there is an inflammatory state tha...  Read Full »

My homocysteine and lipoprotein values are elevated. Is it worrisome?
Query: Hello doctor, I have homocysteine value 23.6, and lipoprotein 31.5. ECG and TMT are normal. Is it serious? As I smoke, is it normal because of my smoking? Do I need to visit a doctor?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not worrisome. Lipoprotein is just borderline, and you just need to have a healthy lifestyle to control it like low oily, fat and calorie diet along with regular exercises at l...  Read Full »

How to reduce the increased lipoprotein level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. I am not taking any medications till now. Recently, I did my yearly medical tests and saw my LP(a) at 54.3 mg/dL. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, LP(a) level should be less than 30 mg /dL. But, you have an increased level. High level of LP(a) signifies the increased risk for atherosclerosis of vessel and heart disease like ischemic heart disease. The doctor usually prescribes this test when there is a hi...  Read Full »

I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elev...  Read Full »

Do I need drugs for high triglycerides and VLDL?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 31 year old male. Below is my lipid profile report: Total cholesterol: 186 mm/dL. Triglycerides: 876 mm/dL. HDL: 38 mm/dL. LDL: 27 mm/dL. VLDL: 175 mm/dL. Please advise medicines if needed.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your triglyceride level and VLDL (very low density lipoprotein) is extremely high. This can put you at the risk of heart attack, stroke, and pancreatitis. My advise is to start taking tablet Roseday-F (10/160) daily night after food. Also stop eating non-vegetarian ...  Read Full »

What is Lp-PLA2?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old female. My height is 5'4" and weight is 120 pounds. I have slightly elevated cholesterol level and so I had a blood test done before three months for Lp-PLA2, which came back high. I had it repeated this week, exactly three months later and it came back double high. I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Lp-PLA2 (lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2) is a marker of inflammation and can be raised in any atherosclerosis or even inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. However predominantly it is used as a cardiac marker. I need few det...  Read Full »

Total cholesterol 229, HDL 53 and LDL 150. Do I have heart disease?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full »

How to reduce TG/HDL ratio?
Query: Hi doctor, I got a complete medical checkup done today. My lipid profile reads total cholesterol 145 mg/dL, HDL 27.5 mg/dL, LDL 93.3 mg/dL, triglyceride 195 mg/dL and VLDL 39 mg/dL. Is this very concerning? Especially I am concerned regarding the TG/HDL ratio. Please advice. My echo, ECG and...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the population has low HDL (high density lipoprotein). More than 50 is a good thing which rarely people have. Triglyceride range is up to 150. Can be more if no fasting done prior test or seen in diabetics. Overall your test is good. You do not need cholesterol m...  Read Full »

Both my HDL and LDL cholesterol are below normal. What should I do?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 6 feet tall male, who is 31 years old, and I weigh 88 kg. I recently got a lipid profile done, and the report showed my HDL to be 23 mg/dL and LDL to be 80 mg/dL. I feel a slight left-sided chest pain sometimes. I gained 20 kg in the last two years. I do not drink or smoke. What sho...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipid profile is good, except your HDL (high-density lipoprotein) and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) are low. Low LDL is good, so do not worry. As you gained 20 kg in the last two years and for mild chest pains, I suggest you get the following tests done: Free T4, T3...  Read Full »

Why was I advised to take Simvastatin?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. My HDL is 70, LDL 207, cholesterol 288, AST 35, MPV 4.5 and monocyte auto 1.4. All my other readings in my health check are normal. My doctor has prescribed 10 mg of Simvastatin. I do not know whether I should take it or not after I read the side effects. I am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish N Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reason for Simvastatin is your high LDL cholesterol level (low-density lipoprotein). This will help you. For further doubts consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lipoprotein? We have medical experts to help you right away.