Medical Advice on "Loose Stool"

Let me explain about pathophysiology about your child's illness: 1) After reading the description of your query, it seems that initially your child had viral illness that is common due to change of season. You do not need to give antibiotic for this; but you … View thread »

I just read your query. Giving medicine is not the ideal solution to his problem. Firstly, try to find out the exact cause behind the loose motions. Because, once you find out the exact cause, it will be easy for you to avoid that causative factor and the loose motion … View thread »

I have noted all your father's details. Most likely the symptoms are because of acute gastroenteritis. Cardiac origin of pain usually radiates to the epigastric region only and full abdomen is not included. The loose stools shift the diagnosis towards gastroenteritis. Do … View thread »

I understand the situation you are in. Loose motions once started in a child might take at least 7 to 10 days to subside. Passing two to three loose stools per day is not a big issue until your child is active, taking feeds well, and passing urine adequately. So continue … View thread »

I appreciate you seeking help for your mother. Well, after having gone through the case history as described, it seems her fecal incontinence is mostly of neurological origin. In the given context, I would advise that she would be clinically examined by a neuro physician … View thread »

I went through the detailed history of your child and the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) too. Most of the findings in the reports seem normal. Except some like ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), lymphocytes, CRP (c-reactive … View thread »

I can understand your concern. Stomach ache, nausea and loose stools could be due to acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning or stomach upset. Child will need antibiotics, because this appears to be an infection. Eldopar contains Loperamide drug, which is used to stop … View thread »

It usually happens when one is dehydrated. As you had loose stools for the last couple of days, you are dehydrated. The signs of dehydration are evident most prominently in regions with mucus membranes like oral cavity and genitals. So you need not be worried about it … View thread »

I can understand your concern and worry about the severity of the situation. Loose stool along with increased frequency of stool (6 to7 times per day), mucus and occasional episodes of bleeding suggest inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease … View thread »

I reviewed all the attached reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Your mother has the stomach irritation and loose stools due to the medicines she had taken. She will be relieved from this in 2 or 3 days. She is having iron deficiency anemia. So, … View thread »

Do you have a question on Loose Stool? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Cardiologist Now!