Low Back Pain

Related Terms: Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety, Exercises, Mri For Low Back Pain Or Neck Pain, Back Pain, ECG

Understanding Low Back Pain
Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation.  Read Article »
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop ...  Read Article »

Why does my back pain more in the morning and less in the evening?
Query: Hello doctor, I have low back pain since 5 years. The pain comes once in every 3 to 4 months. The pain is more in the morning and less in the evening. Why does this pattern occur? Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned persistent low back pain for 5 years as your main problem. It is a known scientific fact that when you go to bed, the muscles in the body relax subconsciously, due to which any inflammatory pain is felt more. When you start with some activity, then...  Read Full »

I have low back pain and frequent urination after sex. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old and have suffered from bouts of prostatitis a few times. I have not had an intimate life for many years. Now, I am having an intimate life with one person, who is clean as well as I am. After vigorous sex, I am having frequent urination, especially at night. I was wonder...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, your symptoms are consistent with either urinary tract infection (UTI) or prostatic enlargement. In fact, you might have benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) contributing to UTI. The second reason can be sexually transmitted UTI as also said b...  Read Full »

What could be causing low back pain for the past one month?
Query: Hello doctor,I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates a disc herniation in the lower vertebral column. This could be the cause of your back pain. Coming to this point, I recommend taking Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily and a muscle relaxant (F...  Read Full »

What Causes Neck and Low Back Pain?
Article Overview: Understanding the mechanism of neck or low back pain by both the patient and the treating doctor is essential in establishing an accurate diagnosis and effectively managing the condition.  Read Article »
Dr. Tony Magana
Neuro Surgeon

Pain in the neck or back can severely limit one's ability to function in everyday life and often causes great anxiety that a serious threatening condition may have arrived. Fortunately for the vast majority of those afflicted, no surgery will be necessary usually and there is often a good ...  Read Article »

I am suffering from low back pain.Is it a big problem or should I not worry?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pain in the backbone. The affected area is a very small portion at the end of the backbone. Pain occurs when I press that portion with fingertip, but the pain is so light that I can endure it without any problem. I am a 32 year old male, unmarried, and I am sufferin...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for low back pain. It can be due to faulty posture, related to weak muscles, issues with intervertebral disc, narrowing of spinal canal, any bony instability besides many other. So, accurate diagnosis is the key to proper management of the conditio...  Read Full »

Why am I getting low back pain after C-section?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the p...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg. You need to do MRI lumbosacral region. You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation...  Read Full »

Top 5 Tips to Treat Low Back Pain
Article Overview: Though low back pain is considered as a common complaint of elderly people, it can occur almost at any age and any sex. Here, in this article, I have discussed a few tips to overcome low back pain.  Read Article »
Dr. Mahavir Patil

Low back pain is a spine related symptom occurring due to various reasons. It can occur due to slipped disc, spondylosis, bad posture, prolonged sitting, fall or trauma, infections in the spine, etc. If untreated, then it may cause serious discomfort and aching. Low back pain may disable a person fr ...  Read Article »

I wake up with severe low back pain every morning. Please suggest a cure.
Query: Hello doctor,My problem is, I wake up in the morning and feel a severe pain in the lower back. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is known that during sleep our back muscles relax. So, back pain is particularly felt early in the morning due to a degenerative or inflammatory disease of the spinal elements. Also, an awkward sleeping position may aggravate this symptom. Follow these simple steps:...  Read Full »

When is an MRI Necessary for Low Back Pain or Neck Pain?
Article Overview: The decision of when to do an MRI for patients with low back or neck pain depends upon assessing the risk of a serious condition being present as revealed by warning symptoms in the history or signs in the physical examination.  Read Article »
Dr. Tony Magana
Spine Health Specialist

How does an MRI Machine Work? Unlike traditional x-rays or computerized axial tomography otherwise known as CT Scan, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) does not use any radiation and thus as far as scientifically known, it is much safer than x-rays. The patient is placed in a very strong ma ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Low Back Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.