Low Blood Pressure

Related Terms: Blood Pressure, Low Salt Diet, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Lifestyle Modification, Blood Pressure Monitor, Exercises, ECG

Is low blood pressure of 102/72 anything to worry about?
Query: Hello doctor, Is low blood pressure of 102/72 anything to worry about?  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Gulati
Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, low blood pressure is not to be worried much but you should take little high protein diet and sodium diet. Keep an active lifestyle and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to maintain good blood pressure and keep away the weakness. Keep getting your blood parameter...  Read Full »

Do You Have Low Blood Pressure? Do Not Ignore.
Article Overview: People are much well aware of high blood pressure than low blood pressure or hypotension. So, my intention will be to keep this topic as much as informative and simple for a better understanding of hypotension.  Read Article »
Dr. Shardendu Tomar

Normal blood pressure should be 120/80 mmHg. Also, blood pressure which is lower than this and not accompanied by any symptoms should be considered as normal. Hypotension or Low Blood Pressure: If a person experiences any symptom with blood pressure below than normal, then it is known as hypoten ...  Read Article »

I am suffering from low blood pressure after C-section. How to deal with that?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a week ago and got out of surgery with low blood pressure and kept it low for a few days. Now, after getting out of the hospital, I still feel the same pressure on my chest. Also, I feel a horrible pounding headache. It is so hard and I feel the heartbeats vividly. I am...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As said by you, a cesarean section has been done for you a week ago and during the operation, your BP was on the lower side. I would like to tell you that amount and volume of blood in a mother increases significantly during pregnancy to support the nutritional need of...  Read Full »

I have low blood pressure and heart rate with palpitations. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having heart palpitations. I have low blood pressure and low heart rate.  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You should know that some palpitations are quite normal in every healthy individual, especially during physical activity and anxiety. Anyway, as you are feeling them more frequently lately, I would recommend consulting with your attending p...  Read Full »

Does long term usage of Ismo trigger low blood pressure and vertigo?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 75-year-old male. I had IHD 40 years back. 23 years back, my doctor asked me to add Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Since then, I am taking it twice a day uninterruptedly. Then I was 54 years old. My BP has always been normal in all these years. Maybe 150/80 or 140/90 till a few years b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, Ismo (Isosorbide Mononitrate) is given for angina or chest pain. If one is not having it without Ismo then it may be stopped. So it is not an absolutely necessary medicine in absence of angina. Next thing, it can cause low BP, and low bp can cause dizziness....  Read Full »

Is it risky to undergo surgery with low blood pressure?
Query: Hi doctor, My 19 year old daughter is having a benign tumor in the liver, predicted as FNH. It has been advised to be removed under surgery, since the tumor is growing in size although insignificantly. She is having a blood pressure reading of only 90/60 mmHg normally for months together. Can she go...  Read Full »
Dr. Sukhdev Garg
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, FNH - focal nodular hyperplasia is a benign condition as you are already explained. Secondly, blood pressure in the range of 90/60 mmHg is quite common in teenage females. Before surgery, she will undergo some routine tests to rule out any othe...  Read Full »

Please give advise regarding low BP, low sugar blackouts, and palpitations.
Query: Dear doctor, Sometimes I get low BP, low sugar blackouts and palpitations. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low blood pressure may be due to genetic factors. Do you have a family history of low blood pressure? Hydration and correction of electrolytes might help you. Mix one teaspoon of Electral powder (essential electrolytes) in a glass of water and drink thrice a day for a ...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in heart in a hypotensive patient?
Query: Hi doctor, I have low blood pressure and am suffering with low pain in the heart for the past two days.  Read Full »
Dr. Duaa Shubar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We define low blood pressure if the reading is lower than 90 mm Hg systolic or 60 mm Hg diastolic or if the patient has symptoms which are lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, blurred vision or lack of concentration. These symptoms are most prominent when individuals g...  Read Full »

My dad fell unconscious and we did an echo. What do the reports say?
Query: Hello doctor,Ten days ago, my dad collapsed on the street. We rushed him to the hospital and made an echo. Also, he was suffering from high blood pressure but, nowadays his blood pressure is low. This was the first time it happened to him after he took Avodart and Tamsulin. His reports read as f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He probably fell due to low blood pressure induced due to Tamsulosin. However, there are possibilities like heart rhythm abnormalities and rapid heart rate as his heart function is also low. The echo report indicates that his heart function is low and it is 39...  Read Full »

Please go through the patient's history, and tell me if she will ever recover fully?
Query: Hello doctor, My relative's daughter, who is 16 years old, met with a car accident. She is admitted to the hospital. Please give your suggestions on her case. She is currently undergoing surgery. The below extract was of her case study. The doctors say that the body below her neck is not moving. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the case scenario. The reason behind her low blood pressure and inability to move all four limbs is actually the cervical spinal cord injury. Surgery is risky because of low blood pressure, but it is possible to operate if the anesthetic team is able to manag...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Low Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.