Low Hemoglobin

Related Terms: Iron Supplement, Folic Acid, Iron Defeciency Anemia, Hemoglobin, Complete Blood Count, Iron-rich Foods, Vitamin D Deficiency

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past one year, I have been experiencing body weakness. I feel tired all the time. And for the past five months, I have been experiencing fast heartbeats and shortness of breath. I mostly experience the shortness of breath in dusty and stuffy environments, bu...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hemoglobin levels and other abnormalities do not explain the severity of the symptoms that you are experiencing. Iron, Vitamin B12 and folic acid supplements along with dietary improvement to improve hemoglobin to 12 to 13 g% is necessary. However, after improvemen...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My hemoglobin is 6.2 and I feel very weak from inside my left chest. My reports are normal ECG, sugar, vitamin B12, X-ray, everything is normal. Why my blood is getting low and what should I do? I am a male aged 63 years.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having anemia and because of that weakness can be felt. You should get further investigated with peripheral smear examination, reticulocyte count, serum ferritin estimation, serum TIBC (total iron binding capacity) investigation, serum transferrin saturation ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low hemoglobin levels. I have attached my laboratory test report. I have a habit of eating raw rice, which I am suspecting as the reason for this low count. Kindly have a look and prescribe medicines to increase my hemoglobin levels. I am currently taking Orofer XT one...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaithanya R
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that the raw rice is causing this problem, but you are anemic. You can continue Orofer XT at daily one tablet for three months without missing. Stop taking raw rice. I suggest Albendazole 400 mg one tablet a day as this can kill any worms. Consult your ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 76 years old. She is diabetic and on medication for around 15 years. She is suffering from typhoid fever. Her hemoglobin level is low at 6. She is also very weak to walk on her own for the past few days. Kindly suggest some advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her condition will improve once her hemoglobin levels go up. She needs to be evaluated for the cause of low hemoglobin. Check her CBP (complete blood picture) with peripheral smear. Also, look for iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency. Check her blood sugar levels ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife went for a master health checkup. Her fitness certificate was put on hold due to low hemoglobin and other blood test parameters. Her hemoglobin was 8 g/dL, ESR was 25, hematocrit was 26.8, MCV was 62.3, MCH was 18.8, MCHC was 30.0, and RDW was 21.4 %. Can you please chec...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your wife has microcytic hypochromic anemia. The common causes of microcytic hypochromic anemia are iron-deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, thalassemia minor, and anemia of chronic ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's hemoglobin is only 6.7. Why is it so? What should I feed her to increase Hb level?  Read Full »
Dr. Ritesh Kumar Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low hemoglobin is either due to blood loss or the body not being able to form enough blood due to various causes including bone marrow disorders. So, it is better to get her PBS (peripheral blood smear) done. Meanwhile, in diet and supplements, give her apples, pomegra...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,Two months back blood report shows ESR count is 34. And Hb 10.9. I also have fever fluctuating and have lost weight drastically around 4 kg in a few months. Can you please help and tell me what is the problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For low hemoglobin further workup needed in form of peripheral smear examination, serum ferritin estimation, and serum TIBC (total iron binding capacity) estimation to classify your anemia. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) can be high because of any non-specific ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had my hemoglobin, CBC and iron test. The result indicates that I have low hemoglobin. However, my iron level is normal (122). I am confused to take the next step. I have been eating spinach, beans and red meat. Also, I am taking iron supplements. What to do further? Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Veerendra Patil
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is evident that you have low hemoglobin with low MCV (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Low MCV (mean corpuscular volume) means that your red blood cells (RBC) are small in size, which is more commonly seen in iron deficiency anemia. There are other c...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I did my blood test. The hemoglobin is astonishingly low at 4.1. I did ferritin test and B12 test and the results are attached. Blood transfusion was done - one bottle. The hemoglobin increase to 5.5, but again reduced to 5.1. I have a fever on and off. What problem do I have? I am feel...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hemoglobin level is very low. In low hemoglobin state, the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood is affected and so weakness and other symptoms occur. You need to be given blood transfusion or iron injections. But, your ferritin level is high. So hemolytic anemia...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,A few days ago one of my female friends had pain around the belly button. She went to a physician and was told that it could be because of a decrease in iron in the blood. Does iron deficiency relate to pain near the stomach? What can be the other causes?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be related. One of the causes of a low hemoglobin count is low iron in the body, which may occur either due to inadequate diet or excessive loss from the stools or menstruation. There are multiple causes, and we need to confirm it by hemoglobin level, ser...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Low Hemoglobin? We have medical experts to help you right away.