Low Salt Diet

Related Terms: Hypertension, Lifestyle Modification, High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure Monitor, Exercises, Blood Pressure, Diet And Lifestyle

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, and I am suffering from blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am taking Telvas H 40 and Rozustat daily. I am taking two garlic cloves with warm water. Yesterday, when I checked my BP, it was 140/70 mmHg. Is it normal or high?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a borderline reading, and you need to check it frequently. Have a low salt diet and monitor your blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week. Then follow it once or twice a week. If the BP (blood pressure) is persistently more than 140/90 mmHg, then the med...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My echocardiogram reveals borderline LVH. My cholesterol is 212 mg/dL and triglyceride is 283 mg/dL. I have been prescribed with Tazloc 40 mg, Nebicard 5 mg, and Rozucor F5. I am very much anxious about my heart. What can I do now?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have a healthy lifestyle by avoiding fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Have a low salt diet and monitor your blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week. Follow them once or twice a week. If the BP (blood pressure) is persistently more than 140/90 mmHg,...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had my BP 140/90 mmHg. The doctor advised me to take tablet Metpure XL 25 mg in the morning. I am using the tablet in the morning for last 20 days. Soon after taking it, I feel lazy and dull. I also experience a headache after taking the tablet. So, I am using Metpure XL 12.5 mg in the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand all your concerns. You have mild hypertension which requires lifestyle changes with a small dose of antihypertensive. Lifestyle changes include low salt diet and 30 minutes walking for five days a week. Metpure XL 25 mg tablet is a good choice. It is ta...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 58 years old. I do not have any health problem except high BP. In spite of medicines my BP does not come down. First I tried Eslo 5 mg and Amlodac 5 mg and now I am on Cilaheart 10 mg. But, my BP remains at 140/100 mmHg. I do not smoke or drink. I eat less and avoid red meat and high...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Reading your case scenario, I would just recommend addition of diuretic like Hydrochlorothiazide to your existing regimen. I would also recommend you to go for a walk daily and take low salt diet. I am very hopeful, that your blood pressure wou...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 52 years old with a BP of 170 to 180 and no other problems or issues. The problem is I have started ejaculating very fast nowadays. I am very active sexually and the erection is always there except sometimes it is not so strong. My partner wants it hard and long. So, please sugges...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is good that you are sexually active at this age. However, your BP (blood pressure) is high which needs to be brought down below 140/90. So, the best thing would be to have a low-salt diet and also start ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers) ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am having regular water retention problem, specially on the abdomen region. It fluctuates quite a bit and so does my weight on the scale. Sometimes there is a lot of discomfort to even wear normal trousers on certain days. This however is most prominent on th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we have to find the cause for this. If no cause is found then we would call it idiopathic. I would recommend you following investigations: Hemoglobin. Liver function test. Kidney function test. Thyroid profile. Blood sugar. Urine for albumin. You should a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My mother's BP is always fluctuating. She has high heart rate and was taking tablet Concor cor 2.5 mg. Later the doctor changed it to tablet Telma 40 mg and Ivabrad 5mg. My mother is not feeling well after taking tablet Ivabrad. Can you please suggest some other medication? Thank you i...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com When she visited her doctor, was she complaining of chest pain or high heart rate? Can I know what is your mother's age and weight? Since how long she has high BP (blood pressure)? And how long she was taking tablet Concor cor? I would suggest her to have low salt di...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I did my preventive blood checkup and there are abnormalities in the lipid profile, liver profile and CBC profile. I am attaching the report.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your reports are fine except for the lipid profile. The figures in bold are not always abnormal. A slight variation is acceptable. You have hypercholesterolemia, that is, LDL cholesterol is ele...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with essential hypertension taking medicine for that. My BP is 146/92 mmHg. I do not have any symptoms. Should I get investigated to rule out secondary hypertension?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes certainly, you being a young hypertensive first need an evaluation to know the cause of blood pressure. You should undergo a few tests like kidney function test, renal artery Doppler, serum cortisol and 24-hour urinary metanephrines. Also get lipid profile and...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am posting this query on behalf of my mum. She was said to have a high blood pressure three years ago and placed on medication by the doctor here. But, the problem is, she does not sleep at nights when she is on medication. She would have to stop taking her medicines for five to six d...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She should be started on tablet Telmisartan 20 mg once a day in the morning, and we can increase the dose to 40 mg once a day depending upon the blood pressure (BP) response. The alternative for Telmisartan is Amlodipine 2.5 mg once a day, if it is not available. I sug...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Low Salt Diet? We have medical experts to help you right away.