Low Sugar

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Exercises, Blood Sugar Levels, Lifestyle Modification, Reduce Weight, Metformin, Diet And Lifestyle

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the central nervous system ...  Read Full »

I feel like I have symptoms of low sugar. Is this due to poor nutrition?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. My weight is 45 kg and my height is 157 cm. I feel like I have low pressure and low sugar. My symptoms are headaches and light dizziness, feeling very tense, light hand shake, lack of balance, slightly unclear vision. But, when I eat sugars or salts, I feel b...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Your problem is, you are not taking proper food, what is known as a balanced diet. That has caused malnutrition which is evident from your BMI of 18. A balanced diet should have carbohydrates, fats as well as protein in an appropriate amount....  Read Full »

Please give advise regarding low BP, low sugar blackouts, and palpitations.
Query: Dear doctor, Sometimes I get low BP, low sugar blackouts and palpitations. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low blood pressure may be due to genetic factors. Do you have a family history of low blood pressure? Hydration and correction of electrolytes might help you. Mix one teaspoon of Electral powder (essential electrolytes) in a glass of water and drink thrice a day for a ...  Read Full »

How to Fight Hypoglycemia?
Article Overview: Hypoglycemia or low sugar is common in diabetic patients. It is very important for us to know how to encounter it when it happens. What is needed to be done in case of emergency is discussed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

Hypoglycemia occurs when plasma glucose is lower than 70 mg/dl. There are three stages of hypoglycemia: Mild hypoglycemia - Symptoms like tingling sensation, dizziness, hunger, weakness, etc Severe hypoglycemia - Loss of consciousness Moderate hypoglycemia - Palpitation, tremors, confusion, di ...  Read Article »

What can be a good snack for diabetics?
Query: Hi doctor, What can be done for diabetic headache? Are diabetes friendly biscuits useful in maintaining sugar levels? Should these biscuits be preferred eating? What can be a good snack for diabetic patient?  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headaches are not related to diabetes directly. You might be having a headache because of low sugar levels (hypoglycemic headaches). In such scenario, you need to immediately check sugar levels or take some sweets. You can use a painkiller if it is severe. You are al...  Read Full »

Metpure XL 25 mg causes headache and fall in my sugar level. Is it a side effect?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my BP 140/90 mmHg. The doctor advised me to take tablet Metpure XL 25 mg in the morning. I am using the tablet in the morning for last 20 days. Soon after taking it, I feel lazy and dull. I also experience a headache after taking the tablet. So, I am using Metpure XL 12.5 mg in the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand all your concerns. You have mild hypertension which requires lifestyle changes with a small dose of antihypertensive. Lifestyle changes include low salt diet and 30 minutes walking for five days a week. Metpure XL 25 mg tablet is a good choice. It is ta...  Read Full »

I have pain in the upper left arm and weakness of legs. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male. When I lie on my left side and raise my left arm, then try to push down on this arm using my right hand, I feel pain in the upper left arm. I am unable to push all the way back. However, when I try the opposite, that is, lying on my right side pushing down on t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a lot of issues with your body, and also have diabetes. The arm pain is mostly shoulder arch syndrome which can be reduced with hot water application and shoulder wheel exercises. Do shoulder shrugging exercise, 15 repetitions twice daily. Try to slide...  Read Full »

My CRP value is 2.61. What does it indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, In my routine blood check, the CRP value came up as 2.61. Is this harmful? The lipid profile is as per nominal value. I am attaching the reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I find that your MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is raised, and SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are slightly raised and CRP as wel...  Read Full »

What fruits can a diabetic person have?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is a diabetic. He likes to have fruits. But I am worried he is not supposed to eat some kind of fruits. Please advise regarding what kind of fruits he can have and those which he should not have.  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fiber-rich foods are generally safe for diabetics to eat because they tend to have a lower glycemic index and therefore do not spike blood sugar levels to the same extent as high glycemic index foods. Fruits with high fiber content include passion fruit, orange, raspber...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for seizure?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I had an epileptic seizure and then passed out whilst sitting in front of my laptop. I bumped my knee on the table not even hard enough to bruise then the seizure happened. This has never happened before. Also for a month or so I am hearing some wheezing sou...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me share some facts of seizure. A seizure is due to abnormal or synchronous activity in the brain and presents as a mild tremor to violent shaking or change in the behavior. Epilepsy is due to recurring epileptic seizures as a result of malformed or brain ma...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Low Sugar? We have medical experts to help you right away.