Lower Cross Syndrome

Related Terms: Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, Nerve Compression, Physiotherapy, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Neck Pain, Obesity, Psoriatic Arthritis

What can I do to straighten my curved lumbar spine and un-cant hips?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old male. Around two months back, I had a hiccup when dead-lifting and my lower back or lumbar spine area had a sharp pain. At the time, I did not think much of it and since then discontinued dead-lifts. Over time, I have developed some sciatica in my left hamstring area....  Read Full »
Dr. James F Geiselman
Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on what you wrote, it sounds as though you may have scoliosis, a wedged vertebrae in the lumbar spine, a disc issue, or even lower cross syndrome. If there is any way to attach images of the X-rays, that would be ideal (though I know the current situation is not i...  Read Full »

Is my back pain, a nerve problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my right side lower back only if I bend or try to wear my trouser. Also, it is there if I am standing and trying to raise my leg. Even while walking I feel little pain. If I lie in bed or stand straight, then there is no pain. What is the reason and what medicine ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities for your pain. It could be one out of these three conditions or a combination of them. Intervertebral disc prolapse. Lumbar canal stenosis. Para vertebral muscle spasm or lower back strain or lumbago (low back pain). If the pain in the low...  Read Full »

Everything You Need to Know About Osteoarthritis
Article Overview: This article is about the disease osteoarthritis and its management.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheshadev Senapati

Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease, which is always characterized by both, the degeneration of articular cartilage and simultaneous proliferation of new bones, cartilage, and connective tissue. It is not a single disease rather it is the result of various joint failure. The prolifer ...  Read Article »

Adding Flaxseed to Your Diet
Article Overview: Flaxseeds (also called linseeds) are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3. Flaxseed is a source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber. Modern research has found evidence to suggest that flaxseed also helps lower the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Dietician

Flaxseeds also called as alsi in Hindi has many benefits indeed. Lowering Cholesterol Flaxseeds help lower bad cholesterol levels, that is, low-density lipoprotein and very low-density lipoprotein in your body and helps improve good cholesterol, that is, high-density lipoprotein. It can be consume ...  Read Article »

Are the cramps I am experiencing are due to ALS or MND?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male and in need of some reassurance over my serious health anxiety re MND (ALS). I am not normally anxious or depressed, married with a young daughter and a wife who is pregnant. It stared with an entire all day leg ache (left leg). Two days later my arm started to...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are not typical of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). You should know that at your age ALS is a very exceptional diagnosis. But there are also a lot of other conditions that may mimic this clinical situation. For this reason, I would recommend perform...  Read Full »

Preventive Foot Care in Diabetes
Article Overview: It is estimated that 15 % of all the diabetic patients get foot ulcers. Among them, 1 % require a higher-level amputation. In a diabetic patient, deformities of the toes and feet occur, causing areas of raised plantar pressures and ulcer formation. These act as portals of entry for bacteria, leading to severe infections, which due to their immunocompromised state, can lead to amputations and sometimes a life-threatening situation.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma
Diabetologist

A majority of the diabetic patients admitted to various hospitals come for the management of lower limb and foot infections as well as gangrene. Most of these happen due to a poor management of the problem and also due to a general lack of awareness among the public about the repercussions of these ...  Read Article »

What causes extreme swelling and pain in both legs?
Query: Hi doctor, I have extreme swelling and pain in both lower legs and feet. I also have severe pain in both hands, on all fingers, both wrists, both forearms,both elbows as well as both knees. It is extremely painful for me to stand and walk. I had a CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel) and CBC done...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the blood reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) along with the photographs you have posted. Well, there is gross swelling in both your legs. But, the albumin levels are not so low to explain the edema. Even urine...  Read Full »

How to Use Cream for Fertility
Article Overview: This article discusses the normal ovulation process, what are the available creams for improving fertility, and how it is to be used.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

How Does the Ovulation Process Occur? When an ovum is released from any one of the ovaries, it comes inside the uterus (to become fertilized by the sperm). This phase is known as the luteal phase. At this time, the uterine lining becomes thick, and with lots of blood vessels to provide protection a ...  Read Article »

My arm has become stiff due to cervical spondylosis. How to get it treated?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old. I have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis due to wear and tear on my dehydrated spinal discs. My pain is in my neck and arm. I have occasional fever and night sweats. I am already using a cervical collar for a week now. I am using hard collar during the day and so...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your condition. Your symptoms match with the diagnosis of cervical spondylosis. Unfortunately, along with neck pain and arm pain you also seem to have developed weakness of your left arm due to pressure on your nerves in the neck. Physiotherapy is ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lower Cross Syndrome? We have medical experts to help you right away.