Lupus

How can I cure ringworm infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworms on my face, nose, eyebrows, scalp, jock itch, white spots around the anus that hurt and itch. I get blood when I go to the bathroom, nails rip off easily, always feeling sleepy, swollen lymph nodes and itching all over the body. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how long do you have this problem? This is not ringworm or fungal infection. There are multiple atrophic plaques over the face and arms from your picture. Have you applied anything over them? It looks like it is lupus erythematosus but confirming the diagnosis would...  Read Full »

Left sided abdominal pain

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, female. I went to the emergency room a few days back. The CT scan was done to check my ovary and when I look at my blood work for the past few years, I was wondering if there was any relation between some of the rising levels especially if anything is not functionin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached reports are not suggesting any specific cancer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The left-sided abdominal pain could be due to gastritis or diverticulitis. For that, fiber diet can be taken more and antacid like Rabeprazole can be prescr...  Read Full »

I have a red rash spreading over my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15-year-old female. I weigh 130 pounds and am 5 feet 2 inches tall. I have recently had a red rash that is spread over my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. It has very clean margins and looks a lot like the malar (butterfly) rash that goes along with lupus. However, the blood test...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like the rash one has from lupus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But you are tested negative for it. Considering your other symptoms it is auto-immune in origin. Other causes could be drug-induced malar rash, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis...  Read Full »

Why do I get joint pain, rashes, dry mouth and eyes, bruises along with fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a fever for over a year now. I have joint pain in wrists and awaiting ultrasound guided steroid injections. I have three deformed fingers, premature ventricular contractions, shortness of breath, chest pain, upper back pain, neck stiffness, cracking and pain. I have dry mouth,...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it does look like you are having an autoimmune problem. But, the type of rash, puffy fingers, rash over the knuckles and fever does warrant us that we should evaluate you further. Secondly the dry eyes, dry mouth and choking. That is a bit of concern as we ne...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my low RBC, WBC, and hemoglobin count?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female aged 44 years and height 5'4", weight 100 kg. Current medications Potassium Chloride four times a day, red blood count of 2.2, a white blood count of 3.5, and an HB of 10.2. Is there something to be concerned about? My doctors are not concerned but it seems a little low ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you should be concerned about it. It is showing a decrease in all the three cell lines so it is moving towards pancytopenia. I guess there is no history of such problems in the family. There are multiple causes for this, and common is vitamin B12 deficiency an...  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The rashes that you are describing along with the biopsy findings can go in favor of a connective tissue disease. Although, I would like to see the reports in detail, but as you mentioned interface dermatitis, it goes more in favor of lupus over dermatomyositis. But, ...  Read Full »

Previously positive ANA turned negative. Is it safe to plan pregnancy now?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter had a little girl four years ago. About three months postpartum, she fell down a flight of stairs injuring her back. At the same time, she had a very bad cold. When her back continued to give her pain after seeing the orthopedist, she went to a neurologist. Her blood work sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there have been cases where ANA once positive becomes negative towards the later part. Initially, it may have been induced by pregnancy or any infection but over course of time, it becomes negative. As for your friend, I would suggest we do ENA (extractable nucl...  Read Full »

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of autoimmune disorder with underlying ANA and large lymph nodes. It is a good thing the malignancy is ruled out. But I would like to see the detailed biopsy report as well to be sure where we are heading. As for ANA positive, I would like to ...  Read Full »

What can be the diagnosis if granulomas are found on pancreas and lungs?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 31 years old and has severe anxiety. He was told that granulomas were found on his pancreas and possibly his lungs. They believe it is due to some sort of an autoimmune disorder. Is there anything that can be done to prolong his life? Should we be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An autoimmune disorder does not necessarily mean his life will be shortened. There are numerous types of autoimmune diseases which are pathologically neutral and do not endanger life. So, please see a rheumatologist and get him investigated. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full »

My fingertips are extremely painful. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My fingertips feel like there are broken glasses in them, and it is getting worse. When I lay down, it is extremely painful, and if the weather is cold, it becomes unbearable. I work in construction, so this makes it impossible to work.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how worrisome this situation is for you. It seems the blood vessels in your fingertips are not working well. Due to lack of blood supply, it is painful. Small nerve endings in fingertips may also get involved, making it worse. Please consult your primary...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.