Lymph Node Biopsy

Related Terms: Biopsy, Enlarged Lymph Node, Fnac, Chemotherapy, Lymphoma, Lymph Node Enlargement, Fever

Is it normal to feel numb after lymph node biopsy?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an open lymph node biopsy with lymph node extraction. Since the moment I woke up from the general anesthesia, I realize that my trapezius muscle is not functional and my ear is numb. My doctor, who is a qualified ENT specialist, told me that it is unlikely to be an accesso...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The trapezius is supplied by accessory nerve, which also supplies sternocleidomastoid muscle. In the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your right trapezius fold is diminished compared to the left. Accessory never injury during surgical ...  Read Full »

I got a shave biopsy for melanoma in situ. Did the cancer cells get into my bloodstream?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the biopsy that I had done. It was a shave biopsy, and it came back as melanoma in situ. I got a wide excision done, and it looks like there is still some of this mole left that was missed by the shave. If there was still melanoma cells in this left over part of...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and concern. Melanoma is a malignancy of pigment-producing cells (melanocytes), located predominantly in the skin. The careful examination of lymph nodes can be determined by the staging of melanoma and the metastasis, that is, spread to other body...  Read Full »

Is the lump in breast cancer or cyst?
Query: Hello doctor, I found a lump in my breast five months back. Initially, it was told to be a cyst. I followed up after four weeks, and the cyst was unchanged. My PCP recommended a needle biopsy to be safe. My surgeon felt more comfortable with lumpectomy because I have a family history of thyroid tum...  Read Full »
Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: I have seen your reports. It looks like early breast cancer, and it is predominantly a cystic lesion. It is staged as pT1c Nx hormone receptor positive and HER2/neu negative. Histopathology is showing low-risk breast cancer as it is predominantly a cystic lesion with a predominance of intracystic pa...  Read Full »

How common is it for a surgeon to remove salivary gland instead of a lymph node?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a biopsy done, and the surgeon was supposed to remove a lymph node to check for lymphoma. But, the surgeon removed my salivary gland by mistake. The surgeon sent off the salivary gland without knowing that he removed the wrong part and they ran a couple of tests. But, the report sta...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) say that you have lymphadenopathy. The tissue received for biopsy was a lymphoid tissue only. But, it was not a complete lymph node, and only incisional biopsy from a node was taken which do not show any abnorm...  Read Full »

What is non-Hodgkin lymphoma?
Query: Hi doctor, What is non-Hodgkin lymphoma? What can cause NHL? Which age group is more commonly affected? Can NHL occur without any family history? Does all left supraclavicular (Virchow's node) node is associated with lymphoma? Can single small but persistent size of lymph node enough for NHL? Why m...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) is a group of lymphomas, which does not fall into the classification of Hodgkin's lymphoma. Anything which does not fit the criteria of Hodgkin's is NHL.NHL can be caused due to a viral infection like Epstein Barr Virus, radiation, immune-modify...  Read Full »

Can you clarify the term effaced lymphoid tissue in my pathology report?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an open cervical lymph node biopsy performed about two months ago. They developed suddenly and became quite large over three months. I additionally have lost 35% body weight in a year. I feel incredibly fatigued, unable to eat, developed an enlarged spleen and even showed a sharp dr...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: When the nodes are small, during biopsy due to holding by forceps to remove the nodes, crush artifacts are known to occur. Larger nodes are much easier to remove without crush artifacts, whereas in smaller nodes, it can occur...  Read Full »

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of autoimmune disorder with underlying ANA and large lymph nodes. It is a good thing the malignancy is ruled out. But I would like to see the detailed biopsy report as well to be sure where we are heading. As for ANA positive, I would like to ...  Read Full »

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full »

How to make sure that I do not have any cancer cell in my body?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with T2 N2 nasopharynx cancer, a non-keratinizing disease. I had two chemotherapy and then had an MRI scan. There is no tumor in the nasal area. Do I need IMRT radiation?  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy both needed to be given. Later, you have to be on follow up every two months in the first year and three months for the second year. MRI can say that the volume has gone, but carcinoma is a mucosa or epithelial disease. Only PET scan and ne...  Read Full »

Will excision biopsy remove the nodal metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma?
Query: Hi doctor, My son was recently diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma stage 3. He had undergone 35 sessions of IMRT as well as six sessions of chemotherapy. Three more sessions of chemotherapy have been prescribed and the first one was completed last week. Two more to go in three weeks time. Recen...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh Samdariya
Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, based on the reports, the patient is hypovolemic (low BP). He needs a good oral diet and maybe if required admission and supportive care in the form of IV fluids. It looks like a recurrent disease in sub-mandibular nodes. It needs to be evaluated whether t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lymph Node Biopsy? We have medical experts to help you right away.